SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Garage door opener light bulbs
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Garage door opener light bulbs Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ranger312:
I put new chamberlin openers in recently. The manual states do NOT use led bulbs due to interference with operation of the remote. I googled this and found a list of brands to try. I happened to have sylvania brand and they work ok.
Weird I have a Chamberlin and it works with LED. It must be specific models I suppose. I should read the manual and see if it mentions anything.

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I expect there is a wide variety of RF frequencies (and modulations) being transmitted a short distance from different LED bulbs. Some jam the opener's receiver worse than others.

Posts: 1345 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put 800 lumen LED's in my chamberlain garage door opener and have never had an issue in the 3 years they've been in there. Try a different brand of LED maybe.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Wrap them in foil...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Aluminum or "tin" foil? Anybody make titanium foil?

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post