SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best place to get a F-250?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best place to get a F-250? Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted
I thought I recalled a thread where someone was looking for the best place to get a good deal on a Ford truck.

I think I am going to be in the market for a 2018 F-250....is there a "best place"? I was a little surprised to see the dealerships in Louisville, KY (where the plant that makes them is located) had basically the same prices as here in WV.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16174 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Texas. Link I didn't buy my F350 from this dealership, but I used their prices to negotiate with a dealer in Johnson City, TN that happened to have one that was closer to the options I wanted and one day's drive closer. 2017s have better rebates.

Posts: 10816 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Last time I checked, membership in EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association) made you eligible for Ford's X-Plan pricing. Check the EAA website; if it's not specified there, use the "Contact Us" to check.

Membership is forty bucks if memory serves, and X-Plan pricing can save you a lot more than $40.00, plus you get a neat monthly magazine.

Also, I remember from years past that there was a Ford employee on this forum, don't remember who it was, but he was eligible for a limited number of vehicles each year for family purchase at employee pricing and he offered to help. That was a while ago, I don't remember who it was, don't know if he's still active here. Maybe he'll see this and speak up.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30541 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Join Mustrang Club Of America online and you will have inst ant across to obtain an X plan pin from Ford. You will also receive club memorabilia in the mail and Magazines. Who knows, you might buy a Mustang too!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted Hide Post
you should also consider "recall/warranty work"... your local dealer is required to do the work and be reimbursed by FoMoCo. but if you didn't get your truck from them they are under no obligation to jump thru their butts to get the service done at your convenience.

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen

Posts: 4583 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fairway Ford in Canfield Ohio. Half of their business is to other states across the country. I received 25% off of the 2017 F150 I bought in October.

Sgt. USMC 1970 - 1973

Posts: 411 | Location: Columbiana, Ohio  | Registered: May 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

Also, I remember from years past that there was a Ford employee on this forum, don't remember who it was, but he was eligible for a limited number of vehicles each year for family purchase at employee pricing and he offered to help. That was a while ago, I don't remember who it was, don't know if he's still active here. Maybe he'll see this and speak up.

But if you are not really a FAMILY MEMBER then it would be called fraud.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Last time I checked, membership in EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association) made you eligible for Ford's X-Plan pricing. Check the EAA website; if it's not specified there, use the "Contact Us" to check.

Membership is forty bucks if memory serves, and X-Plan pricing can save you a lot more than $40.00, plus you get a neat monthly magazine.

X plan pricing is 3% over invoice (normal sticker is (6-10%). If it's a hot new model or a car in high demand, this will usually save some good money (think Ford raptor, Shelby, or a brand new model). Otherwise you can usually just negotiate down to or below what X plan gets you at MOST dealerships, if you're good at doing the dance.

Employees of Ford factories and corporate get A-plan and dealership employees get D-Plan. Both are 3% UNDER invoice and can purchase 2 vehicles per year. BUT, it's only for immediate family members (parents, kids, spouses) and Ford has really clamped down on people using them for not immediate family members. Back in the day, they didn't really check and people would let friends use them.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
The biggest savings with a Ford plan is all the administrative fees, dock fees, transportation etc shaved off. The dealer is always to charge a small admin fee for using a plan. My dealer charged $75. On top of the price of the vehicle and tax, I only paid $75.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I absolutely suck at negotiating. Usually at some point shopping around one sales guy or another will piss me off by calling when I ask them not to call and I stick with the guy who does what I ask.

As I suspect I will have to order this one, I at least can shop the “Dream truck” around and see who is the lowest.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16174 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
The biggest savings with a Ford plan is all the administrative fees, dock fees, transportation etc shaved off. The dealer is always to charge a small admin fee for using a plan. My dealer charged $75. On top of the price of the vehicle and tax, I only paid $75.

This is true too. Back when I worked at a Lincoln Mercury dealership 2002/3, the dealer could only charge a maximum of $100 for the get ready/paperwork fee. I think it's $200 now. Not sure about the destination fees as I never paid attention to that.

Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
If you're going to order it, build it on Ford's site, contact the fleet sales office of 3 or 4 dealers in your area and inform them you'll buy it from whomever gives you the best out the door price.

I've done factory orders before and it's nice being able to get exactly what you want with the minimum amount of bullshit that you don't want. The downside is incentives and rebates usually only apply to vehicles in dealer inventory.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
I sent a letter to 6 different dealers when I ordered one of my trucks years ago. I asked them to MAIL me their best price, out the door, no hidden fees. I ordered it from the one who offered the best deal. My most recent purchase was a lightly used truck from private party. Good luck to you.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
If you're going to order it, build it on Ford's site, contact the fleet sales office of 3 or 4 dealers in your area and inform them you'll buy it from whomever gives you the best out the door price.

I've done factory orders before and it's nice being able to get exactly what you want with the minimum amount of bullshit that you don't want. The downside is incentives and rebates usually only apply to vehicles in dealer inventory.

Factory rebates DO apply to ordered trucks and cars, but rebates do change from month to month.

More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
Your best deal may be on December 31st. Dealers allocation for 2018 is based on what they sold this year. My last last day of the year purchase took 4 hours and was well worth it.

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1083 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sunburn:
Your best deal may be on December 31st. Dealers allocation for 2018 is based on what they sold this year. My last last day of the year purchase took 4 hours and was well worth it.

Dealers can order as many damn cars as they please and can pay for. They start ordering 2018s in august and September. They're simply anxious to sell more vehicles to get them off of their books at the end of the year and sometimes there are volume bonus'

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:

Factory rebates DO apply to ordered trucks and cars, but rebates do change from month to month.

I looked into ordering a Chevy 1/2 ton this past winter/spring. Incentives did apply, but you received the incentives that are in place at time of delivery, not time of order. They changed each month, as Jimmy mentioned, and sometimes varied by thousands of dollars from one month to the next. Too much risk for me since delivery time was estimated at 6 weeks at the time.

Posts: 586 | Location: NC | Registered: March 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IIRC, Shelbys and specialty vehicles like the Raptor are exempt from X plan prices.

Posts: 174 | Registered: February 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rebo
posted Hide Post
Ford X Plan is 0.4% below dealer invoice price, plus a $275 administrative fee. A max of $100 is allowed for doc fees.

Visit Fordpartner.com and you'll need a partner code BCV44

Posts: 51 | Location: Lake Havasu, AZ | Registered: April 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post