SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    He's growing Hops, ( Re: old pole thread)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

He's growing Hops, ( Re: old pole thread) Login/Join 
posted
if you remember this thread
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...270098814#8270098814

The in-law of the guy that put the poles up, told me that he has Hops plants started , there
he has strings up and down the poles now, and across the tops of the poles.

Does anyone know if this guy is telling me stories?

dsiets wins ! ! !

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54604 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FWIW, That is how I saw them growing in Germany.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2888 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
dsiets wins ! ! !

Woo-hoo! Wait, what did I just win? Big Grin

I've had some growing on the side of the house before, for decoration. They would reach the peek of a 2-story house easily. One of those poles would have come in handy.

But when I think of hops, I think of Willamette Valley.
Pics of Hop Farming

Posts: 7349 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'll reopen that thread, bendable

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I've been growing Cascades in my backyard for three years now, and yes best results are achieved when they go up. They are not a vine, but a bine which means they don't stick to the rope but grow upward winding around the rope. A friend got them to go sideways on a fence, but I've never been able to get them to do that.

Posts: 7521 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Woo-hoo! Wait, what did I just win? Big Grin

The admiration of hundreds on this fine forum

I am wondering now what the effect of corn fields on all four sides of his grow op will be.

and the chemicals that come with those fields, mostly.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54604 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have been growing Cascade hops also for years. I don't use them but have had people come over and pick them. There just now starting to come on and it will be a few weeks until they are ready to pick.

I don't know if it is still true or not but Yakima, WA use to be the biggest hop producer in the nation.

Posts: 2127 | Location: Tacoma, Wa. | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldfireguy:
We have been growing Cascade hops also for years. I don't use them but have had people come over and pick them. There just now starting to come on and it will be a few weeks until they are ready to pick.

I don't know if it is still true or not but Yakima, WA use to be the biggest hop producer in the nation.

They are worth a lot to brewers.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Are there ants on 'em?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post