SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Breaking News: Hugh Hefner has passed away
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Breaking News: Hugh Hefner has passed away Login/Join 
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear it. RIP Mr. Hefner.

Posts: 15025 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating, sleeping and boinking. Everything else is just Filler.
Picture of terma-nator
posted Hide Post
quote:

The choice of Marilyn Monroe for the cover the first issue was genius.

Even in death, Hef will stay true to his image as the ultimate playboy. Hugh Hefner will be buried next to Marilyn Monroe and will be spending eternity with Marilyn.

I love it here!

My Gun collection:
Too many to list. Lets just say that the zombies should look elsewhere.

Posts: 1671 | Location: Back in the good 'ol U.S.A. (South Fla) | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
My first look at a naked woman was an old 70s Playboy I found in an abandoned house one summer. The friends with me at the time all picked a favorite and took that picture. Don't remember what happened to it. I also had a subscription for a few years in my early 20s. Still have them all in a box upstairs.

Say what you want about Hef but he changed this nation. For better or worse is a matter of opinion but regardless I liked most of his work. Wink

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
He created an empire focused on serving the needs of men, teenage boys, (and some women) with a highly developed appreciation for the human female form. And then there were the articles and humor. Well done Hef.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"...and they still can't get that pump handle down."

Hefner's death reminded me of a punch line to an old joke. Farewell to the Nookie Master.

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
I kid you not, I learned a lot ACTUALLY READING the magazine!

When I was a kid at school, the english that was taught in class was quite basic and I was an avid reader. When I got fed up of comics in spanish I started looking at Mad magazine and Cracked and it didn´t take long to upgrade my education to hard found Playboy Magazines and Penthouse after that.

I`ve never been immerged in your culture and society so most of what I know I picked reading and watching movies.

R.I.P. Hugh, thank you for the good times and the center pages.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12106 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
it didn´t take long to upgrade my education to hard found Playboy Magazines and Penthouse after that.

You had me.... until you got to Penthouse. Wink

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24073 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Hef was a man with a hard on for life!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by terma-nator:
Even in death, Hef will stay true to his image as the ultimate playboy. Hugh Hefner will be buried next to Marilyn Monroe and will be spending eternity with Marilyn.

Also, word is that at his open-casket funeral mourners will be allowed to sniff his fingers as they file past, paying their respects.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the mammeries.

Posts: 5300 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Cheers to a life lived on his own terms.

RIP.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I still remember the first Playboy cover that I saw: a topless girl riding behind a guy on a Vespa. Since it was a cover photo, the camera angle was discrete.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8935 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blueye:
Thanks for the mammeries.

OK, that's the probably the most fitting use of that line ever.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Going to The Mansion used to be the ultimate perk, something every male fantasized about. He lived it everyday.

Like Sinatra before him, he did it his way.
Guys like him represented a different America that seems to be disappearing everyday. RIP.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
RIP, sir.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of skonie
posted Hide Post
RIP Hef. Thanks for all the boobies.

Posts: 1513 | Location: NV | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
In the words of a friend today:
"The man who taught me to read with one hand."

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12406 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite Playboy Magazine joke (remember the page after the foldout?), which appeared shortly before Neil Armstrong landed on the Moon:

The first American to land on the Moon was exploring the Lunar Surface when he came upon a Moon Maiden, bent over a boiling kettle, stirring the contents with a large spoon.

Our Astronaut asked her what she was doing, and she replied, "I'm making a baby! Here, watch this!"

After a few minutes of stirring, a baby popped out of the kettle!

The Astronaut said, "That's amazing! We do it differently on Earth."

The Moon Maiden said, "How do you do it on Earth?"

So he showed her.

She said, "What a wonderful way to make a baby, but where is it?"

He responded, "It takes nine months."

"Then why did you stop stirring?"

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9145 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I met him years ago...I was in LA doing some film color correction on Sunset. Having dinner at Balboa Steakhouse one night, early by LA standards, we were sitting at our table having drinks and in walks Hef and two ladies. No huge crowds around him and he appeared very comfortable. As they were walking to their table he glanced down at us and we made eye contact. He stopped, introduced himself, shook my hand and we chatted for a few moments. He seemed very good matured and kind, he excused himself and that was that.

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post