SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Breaking News: Hugh Hefner has passed away
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Breaking News: Hugh Hefner has passed away Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted
This just broke on our local news as a statement released moments ago from Playboy Enterprises

This is the first internet link that I found: https://www.yahoo.com/news/hug...-dead-031914304.html

Playboy founder and legendary ladies’ man Hugh Hefner has died at the age of 91, according to Playboy Enterprises.

The magazine said he “peacefully passed away today from natural causes at his home.”

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
That man lived one Hell of a life. There was a time I envied him...then I grew up.

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...650089034#5650089034

Jinx, someone owes someone a coke.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder what he was doing when he died.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I had the opportunity to talk to Mr. Hefner, on the radio, back in 2005. He was in-studio on the Tom Leykis show and I got through.

I was able to ask him a question and have some quick banter with with him. It was pretty cool.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...650089034#5650089034

Jinx, someone owes someone a coke.

I beat him by a few seconds, but in the spirit of brotherhood rightwire can have it Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: medic451,

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Luuuuuuuucyyyyyyyyyy.......ju got some splainin to doooooooo.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Uh, I just bought Playboy for the articles. Uh, yeah, that's the ticket.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Playboy Mag was able to entice very beautiful and very alluring ladies to pose. I have spent a not insignificant amout of time admiring them. Ultimately however, the philosophy of PB has proven to be like unto poison candy and detrimental. Mr. Hefner, hope for the best-prepare for the worst. FWIW, this is one of those celebrity deaths tbat make you feel aged.

The interview with John Wayne I do regard as a good thing and have excerpted at least two of his quotes as sig lines.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Imagine my dismay, on my first "encounter", and not finding a staple in my girlfriends navel, or...

And trust me, I looked everywhere.

And I did have a part time gig, back in the day....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigmonkey,

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
He lived life. Can’t dispute that.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He made a mark on all of us and we made a mark on his magazines. RIP.

Posts: 1680 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Shit, he even died on...hump day...

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
Shit, he even died on...hump day...

Nicely done... Wink

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Playboy should put out one more retrospective issue, and then wrap it up. Playboy was Hefner. It's nothing without him.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Well played Mr. Hefner.

Posts: 4623 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The choice of Marilyn Monroe for the cover the first issue was genius. And everything took off from there. I was a subscriber for years but felt the magazine lost its focus in later years.
I looked forward to the interview as well as other things. Jenny McCarthy for one.
R.I.P. Hugh Hefner.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
All erections will be half staff today.

RIP Hef.

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Who doesn't remember the pre internet joy and excitement of finding the stash of Playboy?

For the jokes and articles of course

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Pfizer just filed for bankruptcy....

RIP

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post