SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Underbed safes, what's good?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Underbed safes, what's good? Login/Join 
Picture of Howie in AZ
posted
I am looking for an underbed safe. Do you have one that you like or have an opinion?
I need one to hold an AR15 rifle.

Posts: 90 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
I own a FAS1 that I keep my P220 in and am very happy with. Check em out. FAS1 Safes

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I've eyeballed the AMSEC DV652 for years, but never pulled the trigger due to digital lock. Be nice to have something that'll hold an AR.

Snapsafe (owned by Hornady) has one pretty similar to AMSEC with the same thickness (i.e. 14 ga) steel and digital lock. Drawer is roughly 2x deeper than AMSEC's.

A retired coworker has the bedbunker safes, but those are for storage not things that go bump in the night.
quote:
Originally posted by 12GA:
I own a FAS1 that I keep my P220 in and am very happy with. Check em out. FAS1 Safes
Work great for my P229s, but wish they had a model for ARs. Heavy gauge steel, well made, and mechanical locks are some of their highlights.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
I have had the DV652 for maybe a year and it has been perfectly functional so far.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I’ve had a DV652 for about three years now. Well made and keeps little fingers out. It wouldn’t stop a semi-serious attempt to bust in, but it’s not made for max security. I swap out a new battery every 6 months and have had no issues with the keypad.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These are REALLY nice:

https://www.wardogsafe.com/

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
I’ve had a DV652 for about three years now. Well made and keeps little fingers out. It wouldn’t stop a semi-serious attempt to bust in, but it’s not made for max security. I swap out a new battery every 6 months and have had no issues with the keypad.

You are absolutely right. It's worth noting that the DV652 is not a safe (which is true of a lot of what are sold as "gun safes"). It's a basically a little metal cabinet that locks.

I got it because I wanted something that would keep a rifle accessible to me but not to my 7- and 2-year old daughters, not because I wanted to protect the rifle from determined thieves.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Don't know much about it, but I got an email from Midway today about their Hornady RAPiD safes being on clearance.

They've got an underbed (or in closet) model for <$200 with their RFID lock

Underbed RFID AR gunlocker

Comes with a rebate for 2 boxes of free Critical Defense ammo.

ETA: since it's listed as an oversized item, Midway gets ya on the shipping... I added 1 to my cart and after shipping was calculated, total price was $226.
Amazon has it for $220

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
Fort Knox PB6. I have a Fort Knox pistol safe and it is very well made and no batteries ever.

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fusternc:
Fort Knox PB6. I have a Fort Knox pistol safe and it is very well made and no batteries ever.
I like the simplex lock, but am wondering if you can fit an AR in it?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by Fusternc:
I like the simplex lock, but am wondering if you can fit an AR in it?

Oh Im not sure...Good point.
Likely not with magazine still attached I’m guessing.

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post