SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Long shot: looking for ace hardware magnetic screwdriver and bits
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Long shot: looking for ace hardware magnetic screwdriver and bits Login/Join 
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted
Absolutely my favorite tool of all time. My wife recently borrowed it and lost it. It’s basically a magnetic shank red handled driver with a rubber/plastic square bit holder that slides over the shank and holds a bunch of useful bits, like all of the useful Phillips heads and flat heads and hex and torx bits. Anyone have a lead on where I can get another one? I went to ace today and they don’t sell anything like it anymore

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3188 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
try harbor freight.

Posts: 2207 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Something like this or this or this or this?

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
This is my favorite: https://www.amazon.com/Ideal-3...h%2Caps%2C155&sr=8-1

You can set it to ratchet or not. I use it practically everyday, it’s built like a tank and it’s on sale!

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I had a great ratcheting one from SnapOn. Had it for almost 30 years.

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chapman makes several kits with all kinds of bits and a neat little ratchet handle that works great on confined areas where a screwdriver with a handle will not fit or you extra torque.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I have a couple different drivers, lesser quality but they work well. For a bit set, I have a Dewalt set. They offer several sets and they are very nice. Nicely cased in yellow unbreakable plastic.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Per your description 1k, there is a new one on Ebay which ratchets, Ace Hardware brand with bits and the slide over shank holder, red and black handle, 22 bucks. Gotta be more than 1 listed on there.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Something like this?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ace-H...6:g:guIAAOSwNq9d8ThH

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
It is in the old laundry basket where she keeps towels for garage use.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Ace still sells similar items.

I've several brands and styles, Wiha is probably my favorite.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the help. It is not a Milwaukee, it is ace brand and it doesn’t ratchet

Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I have not seen a better screwdriver than Brownell’s (I’m not a big fan of ratcheting screwdrivers)...their bits are very good also...the #84 lets you store four bits in the handle...

https://www.brownells.com/guns...handles-prod400.aspx

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Ok, how about this?

https://www.acehardware.com/de...wdriver-sets/2102283

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
That’s it!!! Bless you!

Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Glad it has been found. My next offering was something like this. I wasn't as concerned about brand as style.

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Buy 2.

As you know 1 is none.

2 is one.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
My favorite tool, actually -- including various models with different sizes and shapes of handles. These range from a large ratcheting one, to one that turns a 45 degree angle, to a couple that are very small - and ideal for the small star bits used to anchor the RMR to its mount, and the mount to the slide.

I've bought a couple of small ones on ebay, and had them mailed in from China - for less than $5 or $6.

I have a whole box of bits, too -- various shapes. Any time I see a set on sale, I can't resist buying them. So I understand why the OP wanted to replace his favorite screwdriver handle...

The regular old-fashioned screwdrivers I used to have are pretty much gone, except a 30 or 40 year old Craftsman - the real deal, from Sears, not the "Craftsman" brand of today.

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Here's my fav. A gift from the Gods. I break it out on special occasions. When the screw is special enough.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post