SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Red Robin Has Really Gone Downhill!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Red Robin Has Really Gone Downhill! Login/Join 
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
My go to is now Steak and Shake.

The $4.00 menu has a fantastic variety.

No matter which location it is here, they are always crowded.

Which is why all of the locations around here are being closed down, and corporate is trying to sucker "franchisees" into buying into them.

You can't operate a business that costs twice as much to operate while charging half the price for food.

quote:
I'll throw in a vote for Freddy's.

And yet Freddy's thrives, although they are more expensive.

That's because they have enough money to pay the help and keep their facilities clean and maintained.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
The Red Robin down here was just decently ok a couple of years back. Then a few months ago went with one of my daughters for lunch and she ended up feeling bad but keeping her food down while I ended up with throw up level food poisoning not long after eating there. I also noticed that they had their air conditioning on the warm side the last couple of visits before that and the last time we were there too. I think we went there a total of four or five times over the years only because it was in the area we happened to be in, but never again. As others have mentioned, Chili's puts them to shame as far as similar type chain restaurants go IMHO.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
So I got dragged off to Red Robin once more after swearing them off, this time I had no choice as it was an extended family Black Friday thing.

Decided to try their "Premium" line of burgers and verified they are in serious trouble. This "premium burger" was a thin, sad overcooked hockey puck MAYBE 3.5 oz. It literally looked like a $1 McDonald's burger patty. They try to load it up with everything else to hide that it's not a very big or good burger patty, Ugh.

In the time since I've been to Cracker Barrel where my Dad got a burger and it was big, thick and just oozed pink juice all over his plate.

RR is going to put themselves out of business trying to cheap out.

Posts: 33757 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Wow! I was just skimming through my old posts and read back through this thread. I saw it back at the top of the normal page and was wondering if I accidentally posted in it resurrecting it. Funny.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The one here (Davenport IA) is still fine. Me and two pals ate there about a week ago, no complaints at all. FWIW, it was 1245 on a weekday when they were not real busy.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
I've never really liked RR, anyplace that won't cook my burger to order (medium rare, like it should be) doesn't get my business. Same reason I won't eat at Chili's. Either your food is safe or it isn't. Locally Zinburger puts them both to shame.

Posts: 1500 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear:
I've never really liked RR, anyplace that won't cook my burger to order (medium rare, like it should be) doesn't get my business. Same reason I won't eat at Chili's. Either your food is safe or it isn't. Locally Zinburger puts them both to shame.

Around here they ask if you want some pink or no pink.
I like medium rare as well and at least here their some pink I would classify as medium rare.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear:

Well this isn’t exactly true. The food safety part. Most cows have E. coli in their gut. When they are processed the E. coli gets on the surface of the meat. Grinding the meat mixes this bacteria up with it. It’s safe to get a steak rare because the surface is cooked and any bacteria on it got killed. Burgers are not the Same. Most burger places will not cook medium rare burgers. Although it’s not likely a problem for healthy adults eating fresh burgers.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12422 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
In the time since I've been to Cracker Barrel where my Dad got a burger and it was big, thick and just oozed pink juice all over his plate....

IMO, it's not a good idea to eat undercooked hamburger...

A link to this article:

Eating undercooked ground beef is one of the main causes of E. coli, which can cause symptoms including diarrhea, vomiting and stomach cramps. These symptoms usually occur between two and eight days after eating contaminated food and can last for up to a week..Dec 7, 2018.

...now back to our regular program.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
You’re playing Russian roulette eating uncooked/undercooked hamburger meat.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a Freddys in the home away from home now, burgers look good but I always get drawn into the Chicago style hot dogs. I am more surprised to hear Culvers has made it to Florida, they have been a treat since they expanded into our area. Still no desire to go to RR after reading this thread. The one closest to me has a Five Guys on the other side of the interstate which I visit often

Posts: 339 | Location: Twin Cities MN | Registered: April 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
November RR offered a veteran discount.i canned in an order for fish & chips, mentioned the discount and was told they’d take care of it at pickup.
It was busy the waiter took my card, brought the food and the bill. When I asked about the discount I was told there wasn’t one. When I got home the fish had obviously been reheated.
Yes, I should have tossed the meal back and called for the manager. That’s the last time I’ll be nice.
I contacted corporate and gave feedback for “How did we do?” While the auto reply was I’d get a call, none came. I did get an email for a credit equal to the cost of the meal.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When we go out shopping a local town we eat at an AppleBee’s, never had a bad meal yet.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:

I really like Steak Tartare. You guys are scaring me.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

That’s fine. Just cook it well.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12422 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was at my first in Buffalo, NY at the request of my nephews. I was impressed. Apparently different locations have different results.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Went to RR tonight. Our server was a guy who's been there for years, a total pro. So service was better than usual, food excellent, no complaints. It's the inconsistency that bothers me.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Ground the same day you eat it? No problem.

Posts: 10908 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:
quote:

Really? Is this true?

If this is correct, then that would mean that if I grind my own hamburger meat and cook it within an hour, it would be safe to eat it rare?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:
quote:

Really? Is this true?

If this is correct, then that would mean that if I grind my own hamburger meat and cook it within an hour, it would be safe to eat it rare?

Assume all ground beef has E. coli. If it is fresh beef and freshly ground the contamination is mixed in. E. coli reproduces every 20 minutes. In 8 hours that is about 17 million of them from one cell. Healthy adults may not get sick. But the risk is there. I eat medium burgers a lot with no issue.

If you grind and eat within an hour there will be less contamination but it’s still there. Question is if your body can outcompete it.

These go to eleven.