SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Request to help another WW II Veterans, Mr. Wilson Dickson of Texas, with his 100th Birthday (card request)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Request to help another WW II Veterans, Mr. Wilson Dickson of Texas, with his 100th Birthday (card request) Login/Join 
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted
A local Veteran is turning 100 and his family is requesting the community send him birthday cards. I would like to take it a step further and see if we could get him birthday cards from all over the country. It would be a fun way to honor him especially with his birthday just after Veterans Day. If you feel so inclined join with me and drop him a card in the mail. His address is in the following link along with the story. Thanks and thank you to all the Veterans out there.

https://www.kltv.com/2019/10/2...veteran-th-birthday/

The ship he served on.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Drabfour, thanks for posting this! We were able to help with Mr. South's birthday wish on his 100th birthday WWII Veteran requests 100 cards for his 100th birthday and he landed over a thousand times more birthday cards than he requested, so maybe we can do the same for Mr. Dickson.

A suggestion though; I opened this thread thinking it was in reference to the last WW II vet making the request...thinking this was an old news story. You might consider editing the subject title to indicate that this is another WW II vet making the same request.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ I initially thought this was regarding Mr. South's request. Perhaps add "Let's do it again".
I will gladly send a card to Mr. Dickson.

Posts: 122 | Location: Hernando, MS | Registered: September 16, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Dang I don’t know how I missed that thread! Edited the title of this one. Thanks.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
Dang I don’t know how I missed that thread! Edited the title of this one. Thanks.

I'm guessing Mr. South's request spurred a few of our surviving WW II vets to make similar requests, so it's possible we may see a couple more in the news.

I recently lost one WW II vet friend in August, but called my last remaining WW II friend in September to wish him a Happy 94th Birthday...and I'd like to see Mr. Dickson's 100 year Birthday Wish come true.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Another member of the greatest generation. I’ll be sending him a card as well.

Perhaps the OP could edit his first post and include the gentleman’s info-

Wilson Dickson
P.O. Box 1204
Kilgore, Texas 75663

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Another member of the greatest generation. I’ll be sending him a card as well.

Perhaps the OP could edit his first post and include the gentleman’s info-

Wilson Dickson
P.O. Box 1204
Kilgore, Texas 75663

I would have put it in the post but didn’t know if it would be proper like putting phone numbers in post that’s why I mentioned it was in the link.

Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
I'll be sending Mr. Dickson a birthday card also - he's going to need a bigger PO Box. I will send one to any Veteran that requests one, especially when they are turning 100.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
BTT

Multiples from the family went out today.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
Bumping this to the top in the hopes that Mr. Dickson gets his wish. Smile

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
One week to go before Mr. Dickson's 100th birthday! Smile

posted Hide Post
One sent to him from Wyoming.

PC

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Going out today from NM

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Just sent Mr. Dickson a card.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
4 days until Mr. Dickson's 100th birthday, time to get those last minute cards in the mail! Smile

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
Mr. Dickson, on the chance you happen to read this, HAPPY BIRTHDAY sir! I hope all your birthday day wishes come true and wish you many more to come. Thank you for your service and that of your ship mates... I hope you can enjoy this day knowing that what you did all those years ago made a difference for the better. Smile