SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Florida Gas Station Owner Charged With Attempted Murder In The Shooting Of Shoplifter
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Florida Gas Station Owner Charged With Attempted Murder In The Shooting Of Shoplifter Login/Join 
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:

posted July 19, 2018 09:17 AM Hide Post
I'm fairly certain that at least ONE person on the jury will not convict him, regardless of what the law says

In the meantime, at what cost? In the end the business wl be gone alone with his assets. For a six pack of beer?

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
While this is not legal advice, Texas statutes do permit the use of deadly force to protect your own property, and even the property of others.

Which is why Ahmed the Stop-N-Go owner shoots about five or six thieves in Houston a year. That, and no one here doubts that the thief (and most of them are armed) is likely to try to hurt you, so it is also self-defense.

Exactly as it should be, let me add!

jhe888, others remind me, in Texas once it gets dark outside, there are other defenses for property owners correct?

Thanks,
HK Ag

Posts: 3496 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
In the meantime, at what cost? In the end the business wl be gone alone with his assets. For a six pack of beer?

The way I look at it, it's not the beer, but our right to operate in a less-and-less free society.

As I said earlier, maybe he should just hang a sign out front that says "Free Beer."

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
He should have just shot the beer

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
why not consider the person a looter?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post