SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Florida Gas Station Owner Charged With Attempted Murder In The Shooting Of Shoplifter
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Florida Gas Station Owner Charged With Attempted Murder In The Shooting Of Shoplifter Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Better yet, he should have gone after the thug with a bearing sword.

ACME Corp solution, throw some of these at the Perp:

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
While this is not legal advice, Texas statutes do permit the use of deadly force to protect your own property, and even the property of others...

If we can ever escape this shithole, we'll be headed there.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
The guy wasn't armed? I see that as an attempted execution watching that video.

What if it was an 8 year old child who never did anything wrong but walked in there and attempted to steal a handful of packs of gum or candy? Would it be justified to walk out and gun the 8 year old down?

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DonDraper:

What if it was an 8 year old child who never did anything wrong but walked in there and attempted to steal a handful of packs of gum or candy? Would it be justified to walk out and gun the 8 year old down?
Well, Don, when you see an 8 year old in that situation, you let us know.

Happy, Don. I am happy- no- I am elated that the store owner shot that thug. My only disappointment is that the thieving TRASH is still breathing.

Does that clear things up a bit for you, Don?

What if it had been a goldfish, Don? What if a goldfish tried to steal someone else's property?

What then, Don?

What if a washing machine pulled the same stunt? Could you shoot the washing machine, Don? I guess that's my real question for you. Could you shoot the washing machine?

What if the washing machine had water in it, and in that water ws a...goldfish? These things are complicated, as you see. No easy answers here, Don. Gotta let it play out.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107584 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
looked to me like he tried to run that guy over in the parking lot, just out of view of the camera, had to protect himself and shit

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5132 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"...attempted execution..."

Ahhhhhahahahahaha! Big Grin

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
quote:

Don, you show me an 8 year old carrying 3 case of Bud and I bet you $100 he is already familiar with yard time.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5132 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Well, Don, when you see an 8 year old in that situation, you let us know.

Happy, Don. I am happy- no- I am elated that the store owner shot that thug. My only disappointment is that the thieving TRASH is still breathing.

Does that clear things up a bit for you, Don?

What if it had been a goldgish, Don? What if a goldfish trid to steal someone else's property?

What then, Don?

What if a washing machine pulled the same stunt? Could you shoot the washing machine, Don? I guess that's my real quetion for you. Could you shoot the washing machine?

What if the washing machine had water in it, and in that water ws a...goldfish? These things are complicated, as you see. No easy answers here, Don. Gotta let it play out.

para - Why is it so fucking hard for you to answer a simple theoretical question without getting so worked up? No, to answer your question - you didn't clear a damn thing up at all.

--------------------

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Could you execute a goldfish? That's what I want to know. Now we're getting to the heart of the matter here.

And don't get me wrong. Some of my best friends are goldfish.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
para - Why is it so fucking hard for you to answer a simple theoretical question without getting so worked up?
You are the one who's worked up. I'm having a laugh. You're not laughing, Don, because you're worked up.

Now, about that goldfish...

Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
para - Why is it so fucking hard for you to answer a simple theoretical question without getting so worked up?
You are the one who's worked up. I'm having a laugh. You're not laughing, Don, because you're worked up.

Now, about that goldfish...

The goldfish analogy is plain stupid.

--------------------

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Personally, I believe if shoplifters were met with lethal force, we'd have a lot less shoplifters. Why should they be let go just because they're not violent? Is stealing not a crime? Sick of the criminals having more rights than the law abiding.

quote:

How about not stealing? Wouldn't that have prevented this?

And it wasn't an attempt, it had already been stolen.

Posts: 13111 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
And don't get me wrong. I know it's just a few goldfish and most goldfish mind their own business. Just swimming around their little bowl, waiting to get fed...

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
The goldfish analogy is plain stupid.
Well, how about a bass, then? Cod? Certainly not whitefish, eh? You tell me. Choose your fish, Don, then we'll go from there.

If you want me to take you seriously, you would want to avoid starting out by proclaiming this to be an "attempted execution".

Ever been robbed, Don? One question for you:

What kinda fish was it?

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
...or, if you would rather, we can go back to appliances?

A toaster, Don. Have you ever been robbed by an 8 year old toaster?

Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
wow, touched a nerve I see. And you're not worked up?

--------------------

Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Thanks Para, that had me laughing out loud and choking on water.

No goldfish was present in the water I choked on.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
wow, touched a nerve I see. And you're not worked up?
No, I'm smiling, but you're not.

Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
a Swallow would be better analogy,

then we could argue about European vs African,

etc etc

Cool

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post