SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The United States Of Welfare
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The United States Of Welfare Login/Join 
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMike:
This is meaningless. A per capita comparison would not be.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't see the point of the chart. If I was concerned about the whole US, maybe I'd find this interesting but I would only be concerned about my state and I didn't need any chart to figure that out.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19658 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by italia:
15 Welfare Statistics by Race, State and Payment
LINK
This was the most egregious:
quote:
8 states pay more in welfare than the average salary of a US teacher.

And we wonder why we have a problem finding qualified workers in the US. Kinda tough when they can make as much as someone who works a job. Pretty easy life to sit on the couch playing X-Box and puffing ganja all day.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8350 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The top ten states listed above spend more on public welfare ($346.9B) than all of the bottom forty states (plus the District of Columbia) combined ($262.7B).

$609 Billion Dollars taken from the productive members of society and given to welfare recipients.

$609 Billion is about the worlds 10th largest nations annual budget- India at $623 Billion annual expenditures.

A person can only dream of what those responsible members of society would do if They kept that $600 Billion Dollars and did something meaningful with it.......

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post