SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    do you like the horn on the vehicle you drive ?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

do you like the horn on the vehicle you drive ? Login/Join 
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
No, loud but not loud enough. I use mine to motivate the fools who are afraid to turn right on red. Doesn't matter if there's no traffic. They seem to be afraid. My wife says they don't have to turn. I agree with her, but then tell her the punishment is me blowing the horn at them. When they still don't move, I just lay on the horn. Some are so upset they don't even turn when the light turns green. So my friends behind me do the same as I do.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Back in the early 80's I bought a wrecked Alfa (for the engine for another car) that had an extremely loud set of Marelli air horns. I took them off and transferred them across many cars over the years.

Dunno where they are right now, as I lost track somewhere in the last move. But I saw a set on ebay that look just like 'em. It is always better to be heard...

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
No. I want the airhorn off of a Crowley, ocean class tug boat instead..

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
I like the horns on my motorhome....twin Hadley's. Big Grin

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rinehart:
Back in the early 80's I bought a wrecked Alfa (for the engine for another car) that had an extremely loud set of Marelli air horns. I took them off and transferred them across many cars over the years.

Dunno where they are right now, as I lost track somewhere in the last move. But I saw a set on ebay that look just like 'em. It is always better to be heard...

I had those on a Fiat 124 Spyder I owned in the early 70s.
Didn't work worth crap when it was freezing out.
I could fart louder.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure I can fart louder than my Subaru horn.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I want the ones that play "Dixie" or "La Cucuracha."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mech
posted Hide Post
The horns on my '15 Mazda 3 are pretty pitiful; I have a pair of Hella SuperTone I'm waiting to drop in soon.

Also have a Screaming Banshee horn for whatever motorcycle I end up getting. Look it up, this thing is LOOOOOOOOUD!!!

Posts: 1160 | Location: SW Washington, Support Sporting Systems! | Registered: March 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I want the ones that play "Dixie" or "La Cucuracha."

http://www.jcwhitney.com/wolo-...2.jcwx?filterid=u0j1

I had one once, but it played kind of slow.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
How about one of these?

PVC Air Horn

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
I have a G8 (Holden Commodore) and that horn is both louder than I am used to and a somewhat more regal tone. I like it.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 1990 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
The horn on my Ford Focus pales in comparison with the one I really want---the Blackhawks' goal horn from United Center.

Posts: 4493 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
I currently drive a 2012 Honda CRV, so NO.
I drive a 2015 Honda CRV. The original horns were weak and timid.

I replaced them with Honda Sport Horns 38150-SHJ-A02 (high) and 38100-SDB-A02 (low), which are much louder. They were a drop-in replacement, with no additional relay or wiring needed, for $40 total.

Link: Episode #264 - 2015+ Honda Fit Horn Upgrade Kit

I usually replaced the stock horns on my motorcycles with Fiamm or Stebel horns.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Horn is on a list of many things that have stopped working on my daily (cd player, cab light, a/c are stand outs).
Was never very authoritative, but I never looked into changing it. Wish I was on air just so I could run a set of train horns (lowered S10).

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
My goal:
https://youtu.be/B3e5BCE9zFI?t=8s

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2263 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IN my teen years I had a Ford E-150 van that was semi customized when I bought it. One of the nice features was a pair of 26" Hadley air horns mounted on roof. They were set up right with a vacuum compressor and good sized air tank....even had a pull chain in the cab.

It would scare the shit out of people that didnt expect it

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Get a pair of stock horns from a '70's Cadillac, one high tone, one low tone. They are real horns, make good noise, and are easily wired into your 12v system. There is really no need for air horns, or train horns, if you use horns like they are supposed to be used. The Cadillac horns will be heard at distance, well. I have a 2010 Tacoma, and use a pair of horns from a'70's Land Cruiser. Same principle. A nice horn sound, like a real horn, high and low tone. I use it about once a year here in Wickenburg, a bit more often when I am forced to venture to the Valley.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rsd1220
posted Hide Post
My factory horn's pretty good, but I got some FIAMM (Italian, sounds good) air horns to install. Never got around to it. Gotta drop the front bumper cover. Planned on doing it when the fog bulb(s) went out, but they never did.

Friends got some air horns with a mini air compressor tank mounted in the trunk.

__Phase plasma rifle in the 40-watt range__

Posts: 1113 | Location: Pangea | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I've had some good horns and some pretty sad ones over the almost 45 years. My current horn is ok, not great. In 1974, I put a set of train horns on my '72 Cutlass and I had a lot of fun with them. I would hit the horn when people would "dawdle" at lights, or when they were going ridiculously slow. I remember going to work one morning and I was running late, and some old guy with a hat (ALWAYS a bad sign! Not a baseball or winter hat, but one with a feather in it, that only an old guy would wear) was poking along in front of me, and I let him have it. His reaction was kind of a surprise, he jerked the steering wheel violently and went up on the curb, then over corrected and almost hit a car waiting to turn in the center lane. I toned it down after that. Sadly, the compressor failed after 3 months, and since it had a 90 day warranty, I just took the tank and horns off. It was a lot of fun while it lasted.

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post