SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Fresno State "teacher" and how scary it really is...

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Fresno State "teacher" and how scary it really is... Login/Join 
posted
"The First Amendment guarantees freedoms concerning religion, expression, assembly, and the right to petition. It forbids Congress from both promoting one religion over others and also restricting an individual’s religious practices. It guarantees freedom of expression by prohibiting Congress from restricting the press or the rights of individuals to speak freely. It also guarantees the right of citizens to assemble peaceably and to petition their government."

It boggles my mind, well it really shouldn't, how many on the Left, hopefully not so much on the Right, are clueless when it comes to 1st amendment (and pretty much every other one as well). I wonder if they just willfully disregard the fact that the intention of this amendment is to keep Government from throwing your tail in jail for criticism made against the government (super simplified here). Yes, you are free to make statements to whatever you please, but that does not insulate you from public or private censures or repercussions based on the stupid stuff you said....drives me batty.

Houston Texas, if the heat don't kill ya, the skeeters will.

Posts: 359 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 02, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No link, no name, no specifics

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post