SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2019 Toyota Hiace Van..
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2019 Toyota Hiace Van.. Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Lexus is getting the LM-class van (not sure if it's US-bound), but it's based on the Toyota Alphard

Again with the god-awful grille! Roll Eyes

Posts: 27921 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by SigSauerP226:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by VictimNoMore:
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
Hell, I didn't know you could get a Hiace in any configuration here.

Rob, you can get an older model here now, legally, for $9k. Right-hand drive, too. And they're just down the road from you in Richmond. https://www.japaneseclassics.com/inventory/
Enjoy.

Is that site legit??

15k for an Aristo????
4 Door Twin Turbo M5 Eater of its day. May start liquidating a few things around here.

I'm curious, as well. Some awesome vehicles on there!

I'm pretty sure they are. But, getting the car legally registered in your state is on you.
Not the first time I've seen them on a forum.

Can’t get any easier than around here.
Have out of state title (these folks claim all vehicles have a Virginia dealer title), Mr. Sheriff Deputy looks at the VIN on the title then on the car copies mileage. Stamps title you get a KY title.
I sure would love that Aristo.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25403 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bigbuck5
posted Hide Post
Those are very popular here in Guatemala. They are used for relatively short distance people transport. In a commercial sense, like a micro bus. They hold up very well, and see a brutal amount of use. Almost all the transportation businesses use them. They also come in left hand drive models. All of them here are diesel with manual transmissions, but that is just a matter of preference, I'm sure. We have a lot of mountains and curves, and the stick shift / diesel combinations handle those situations much better than an automatic would.

Posts: 353 | Location: Guatemala | Registered: January 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Rob, you can get an older model here now, legally, for $9k. Right-hand drive, too. And they're just down the road from you in Richmond. https://www.japaneseclassics.com/inventory/
Enjoy.

Is that site legit??

Black92LX-- Yep, due to the 25-year law with regards to vehicles, you can now legally acquire a Japanese-market vehicle here in the US of A. That site specifically states you are issued a state of Virginia vehicle title, which should transfer right over in KY (as far as I know). Some states that have emissions standards (CA), it's a whole different ballgame.
Japanese Classics' inventory changes about once every month. Some are values, some are highly-priced due to demand (Supra, GTR).

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Enjoy.

Is that site legit??

Black92LX-- Yep, due to the 25-year law with regards to vehicles, you can now legally acquire a Japanese-market vehicle here in the US of A. That site specifically states you are issued a state of Virginia vehicle title, which should transfer right over in KY (as far as I know). Some states that have emissions standards (CA), it's a whole different ballgame.
Japanese Classics' inventory changes about once every month. Some are values, some are highly-priced due to demand (Supra, GTR).

Clear on the import laws. I was referring to that dealer specifically. Quite a few importers out there that in no way would I do business with.
That Aristo is tempting. Would love a turn key head turner. Something fun to take to Cars and Coffee each month. Many would say ohh look at that nice GS. Come a little closer and say what? Twin turbo right hand drive.
Would be a blast.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25403 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I saw one of the newer, perhaps 2020 Hiace vans tonight at Pilot in Richwood, KY. Two guys in it who couldn't speak a word of English. The van had the long front bonnet, hood. It was automatic. What blew me away is the steering wheel was on the American side. Dont know if diesel or gas. Got 2 pictures if it. What a cool van and it still retains the butt ugly.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I'd get a HiLux in a heartbeat if they ever offer one here. A real HiLux, not some rebadged goobermobile.

Posts: 11836 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Let me know when they have a 2000GT Wink

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post