SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2019 Toyota Hiace Van..
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2019 Toyota Hiace Van.. Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted
I have spotted the full size this morning in Richwood, Ky. Likely someone jumping off 75 for coffee. I have been saying forever I wish Toyota would make a full size van. I saw that big strange looking beast in white with the Toyota logo big as life. Most likely in cargo configuration. US offer seems to be the 3.5 litre while EU and mexico will have one of 2 diesels. I dont get why the 3.5 in such a large van when they could offer a larger 6 or the 5.7. Any how, I think its a good start and better later to the game.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Hell, I didn't know you could get a Hiace in any configuration here. Most of my time in them has been on unpaved "roads" and I've always been impressed by their durability in those environments.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Their 4.6 litre would make a nice option also. Its a blocky looking machine and I hope to see it develope into a worthy travel van.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Hiace is a great utility van. We spent some time in Australia last year and rode in one of several occasions. Reminded me of a bigger and better Previa from years ago. By the way, the Toyota trucks and utes are so much cooler in Australia that here in the US. I'd take a Hilux over a Tacoma mini truck any day....

Made in Texas, in the good ole' U.S. of A.

Posts: 242 | Location: Western North Carolina | Registered: May 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First I've heard of it. Googling now.

Posts: 5 | Registered: January 23, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
I don't see it on Toyota's NA site? Is it actually coming here for 2020?

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7071 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Wow, it's an ugly bugger.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12766 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:

Yeah, but it's only 40,000 Euros. Wink

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
Hell, I didn't know you could get a Hiace in any configuration here.

Rob, you can get an older model here now, legally, for $9k. Right-hand drive, too. And they're just down the road from you in Richmond. https://www.japaneseclassics.com/inventory/
Enjoy.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rode in one quite a bit in Costa Rica. Nice ride. They were all diesel manual transmission models.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Right-hand drive, too.

That’s the deal-breaker right there. Folks in Siberia bought late-model Japanese cars in Vladivostok, drove them back to Novosibirsk, and they were vastly better than Russian and cheaper than European alternatives. But having to pull out all the way into the oncoming lane before you can see what’s coming (you’re behind a big slow truck) can be deadly. After an accident in our program use of those vehicles was banned.

Posts: 18042 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Lexus is getting the LM-class van (not sure if it's US-bound), but it's based on the Toyota Alphard

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15268 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
quote:
Right-hand drive, too.

That’s the deal-breaker right there. Folks in Siberia bought late-model Japanese cars in Vladivostok, drove them back to Novosibirsk, and they were vastly better than Russian and cheaper than European alternatives. But having to pull out all the way into the oncoming lane before you can see what’s coming (you’re behind a big slow truck) can be deadly. After an accident in our program use of those vehicles was banned.

I've done a RHD Honda in Houston, just fine on the freeway. But, on a 2-lane, you're better off just riding it out behind whatever you're stuck behind.

Going through a drive-thru was an experience as well. The Eek look on the window girl's face made it worth the extra reach to get the food.

Posts: 15268 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
+1000

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
That is what I saw early this morning bigdeal. Is that not groovy or what? Butt ugly..

Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictimNoMore:
quote:

Rob, you can get an older model here now, legally, for $9k. Right-hand drive, too. And they're just down the road from you in Richmond. https://www.japaneseclassics.com/inventory/
Enjoy.

Is that site legit??

15k for an Aristo????
4 Door Twin Turbo M5 Eater of its day. May start liquidating a few things around here.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
That is what I saw early this morning bigdeal. Is that not groovy or what? Butt ugly..

Just like the guy who loooves the ugly fat ones... Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

Lexus is getting the LM-class van (not sure if it's US-bound), but it's based on the Toyota Alphard
That grill is just plain horrible. I don't think I've ever seen an uglier vehicle. Well, maybe a 1967 Buick Riviera.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
quote:

Enjoy.

Is that site legit??

15k for an Aristo????
4 Door Twin Turbo M5 Eater of its day. May start liquidating a few things around here.

I'm curious, as well. Some awesome vehicles on there!

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2440 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSauerP226:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
quote:

Enjoy.

Is that site legit??

15k for an Aristo????

I'm curious, as well. Some awesome vehicles on there!

I'm pretty sure they are. But, getting the car legally registered in your state is on you.
Not the first time I've seen them on a forum.