SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How many ex-Califorians are on the S.F ?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many ex-Califorians are on the S.F ? Login/Join 
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OldMick:
quote:
Originally posted by qxsoup:
quote:
Lived in the San Diego area for about five years and I have also lived in Northern California.

Howdy neighbor! I live just S of you.

Hey there, small world! Ever shoot at Point Blank in Blue Ash?

Nope, haven't been anywhere yet, I just moved here last month.

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MrToad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Born in Chula Vista.

Same here, in the 1960s. If my father had been sent to San Diego a couple months later after he got his Navy wings, I would have been a Texan by birth instead. Wink

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.

Posts: 3342 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
I'm from Walnut Creek (but we moved to ND when I was in high school), my wife is from Livermore. So.....yeah.

Not a CA thing, you are in Lehi, my grandparents moved to what is now Cedar Hills in 1968.

Dang. There wasn't much out here in '68.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
I'm from Walnut Creek (but we moved to ND when I was in high school), my wife is from Livermore. So.....yeah.

Not a CA thing, you are in Lehi, my grandparents moved to what is now Cedar Hills in 1968.

Dang. There wasn't much out here in '68.

From what I remember helping him move from Salt Lake, you are correct, not much there. (I was 16, our fam had three teenage boys and a step van so we were the moving crew.)

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MrToad:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Born in Chula Vista.

Same here, in the 1960s. If my father had been sent to San Diego a couple months later after he got his Navy wings, I would have been a Texan by birth instead. Wink

If my mother's gurney was facing the other direction, I would have been a citizen of Mexico.

Sort if a reverse wetback...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lucky to be Irish
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Lived in the San Diego area for about five years and I have also lived in Northern California.

Howdy neighbor! I live just S of you.

Hey there, small world! Ever shoot at Point Blank in Blue Ash?

Nope, haven't been anywhere yet, I just moved here last month.

I generally go on Sundays. If you ever want to get together and shoot a little, I'd be happy to have you shoot as my guest. My email is in my profile.

http://shootpointblank.com/point-blank-blue-ash/

Posts: 1770 | Location: Mason, OH | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BDA220
posted Hide Post
Me too, moved to Vancouver, WA from the San Fernando Valley 22 years ago. Have been back several times over the years, mostly on business. Went for a family wedding a month ago. Damn glad we moved, never would go back.

"Strange days have found us, strange days have tracked us down." JM

Posts: 807 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post