SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Orleans revisionists finally jump the shark: Begin tearing down monuments.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Orleans revisionists finally jump the shark: Begin tearing down monuments. Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I recall someone doing that is Germany during the 1930s and more recently, someone else doing that in Iraq...

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Let it all come down. Force the forgetting of history. When some future generation asks themselves why they put up with the disproportionate amount of shit from this "community", there will be no reminder of any "entitlement" to lash out at the rest of society. Tear it all down now and doom these assholes to repeat their "struggle".

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Destroying history. Watch out for KARMA.

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the things I enjoyed most about visiting NOLA was the Civil war history of the area.
Now it is being destroyed.
And agree fully with Paras assessment of the town. I wish my kid would get the hell out of NOLA!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
New Orleanians get what they deserve. Let them enjoy the incompetency that has made what could be a truly great city into a 3rd world sewer.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Word on the street it was not a contractor the other night but NOFD and city employees that took it down

Rumor is tonight will be Jeff Davis

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by walkinghorse:
Much of today's younger generation has already forgotten history, or only rembers what they want to remember, that which is to their advantage. Or they never bothered to learn it?

NO, the crappy school systems with the crappy liberal teachers that teach in them, never bothered TEACHING history.

Being born and raised in the North, I was a little shocked a few years ago when my oldest son was doing one of his first grade reading assignments. It started "General Lee was a great man." He's now in fifth grade at the same school, my daughter is in third, and my youngest son is in first grade. I was not shocked at all when he did the same reading assignment, but rather smiled and said "that's right son and never forget it."

As long as I am alive, my kids will never go to one of those schools Jimmy is talking about. It costs me a fortune, but I take great pride in providing for my kids. I agree with JALLEN, shut them down.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
Word on the street it was not a contractor the other night but NOFD and city employees that took it down

It would be great if some re-enactors fixed bayonets and set a perimeter

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11278 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:

It would be great if some re-enactors fixed bayonets and set a perimeter

NOPD Snipers were in place the other night after a K-9 sweep

I expect that to be the same for each night

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
They should keep them for historical reasons but, if you really think about it, some of these are for losers in a colossal war and where else do we put up and fight to keep up statutes of the losing leaders in war?

Let's put up a Hitler statute on prominent display in Germany or one to Musolini in Italy. No one would do that but it is the same conceptual equivalence.

The statutes and memorials need to stay since the history forgotten will be repeated.

Posts: 4076 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
They should keep them for historical reasons but, if you really think about it, some of these are for losers in a colossal war and where else do we put up and fight to keep up statutes of the losing leaders in war?

Let's put up a Hitler statute on prominent display in Germany or one to Musolini in Italy. No one would do that but it is the same conceptual equivalence.

The statutes and memorials need to stay since the history forgotten will be repeated.

Lets put up a huge statue of Sherman in Atlanta while we're at it.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love investing in quality historical artwork. This nonsense will only drive up its value !!!

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Just like islam or the communists, destruction of values not their own and revisionist history that serves the party.

First thing islam does in conquest is to destroy all temples and monuments, then they build a mosque on that location.

Disgusting!

No tactical difference between them and the new fascist left communists.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AS usual, the Liberal/Left has completely inverted cause-and-effect in American History.

Slavery was standard procedure in the ancient world.
The Jews were slaves.
The Romans operated on slavery.
Celtic and Norse tribes took slaves
The Chinese had slaves
Black African tribes too other tribes as slaves and participated in the slave trade.
The Mayans, Incas, and Aztecs all had slaves...
The Spanish, Portuguese, Italians, etc all took and sold slaves

This is just the way the more ancient world was.

UNTIL:
300,000, mostly White, Christian, Males, motivated by judeo-christian morality and ethics, fought and DIED to end that barbaric institution.
The Southerners were not exceptionally evil; it was the Northerners who were EXCEPTIONALLY BRAVE AND MORAL.
WHERE IS THE GRATITUDE ?

But you can never imagine American liberals admitting that White, Christian, Males deserve any credit for courage and morality, can you ?
It would destroy the "liberal narrative" that America has always been inherently evil.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Would have been nice if they could have moved them to some kind of memorial park, its been going on for a while the "cleansing" of the south from school names, street names, parks.

In a way it was inevitable, relegated to a few pages in a book taught in 5th grade. Shame really a victim of the PC times where we hide our scars, burnt skin, uglyness from folks, perhaps in the name of not offending someone for something, perhaps in a form of white washing our past.

Quite understandable that black communities wouldn't want a statue of Jeff Davis in the center of their city, in a similar way that statues of Hitler in Jerusalem won't fly.

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many folks have come from out of town to assist

The media is obviously reporting completely incorrect. The real agitators and aggressors are being made out to be the victims. They assaulted a 60+ yr old lady that was born here but moved to OK from Katrina

The Mayor has issued a stand down to NOPD so they will not assist. in any way. Even though someone with a paint ball gun rolled by firing at everyone infront of Jeff Davis last night