SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Found an injured bird
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Found an injured bird Login/Join 
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted
So I was going to fill my bird feeders and nearly stepped on this guy. At first I thought he was dead, but I got closer and saw him breathing really fast. I scooped him up and put him in a box, and over we went to this place. This is one of the greatest organizations I've come across. All nonprofit, and only work on injured wild animals. I've taken them everything from birds, to baby deer, to squirrels. http://www.schuylkillcenter.org/departments/wildlife/

I thought he was a finch but it turns out he's a house sparrow. I think his leg being at a 90* angle wasn't normal, and an issue with a wing. The guy said he just patched one of the same birds up with similar issues, so I'm hopeful matt Damon will survive.

Anyways, say a prayer for matt!

best image hosting site

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Bless you.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Poor little guy...to have to share such an unfortunate name.

Hope he's out and about again real soon.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Poor little guy...to have to share such an unfortunate name.

Hope he's out and about again real soon.

We named him that because he was never a good flyer, and kinda slow (he's Been around for a month or two) and Reminded me of the matt Damon from team America.

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
Godspeed Matt!

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Hope he's ok!

And what an unfortunate name for a wildlife rehabilitation center. Just looking at the web address, I thought it was the Schuyl Kill Center.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
what an unfortunate name for a wildlife rehabilitation center. Just looking at the web address, I thought it was the Schuyl Kill Center.
The river was given the Dutch name Schuylkill ... kill means "creek"

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
what an unfortunate name for a wildlife rehabilitation center. Just looking at the web address, I thought it was the Schuyl Kill Center.
The river was given the Dutch name Schuylkill ... kill means "creek"

And locals pronounce it skukuhl, i never even noticed the "kill" aspect of it until now

├┼┼╕
246R

Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

During certain seasons, we get small birds (up to dove size) flying into our windows. They typically stun themselves, and the wife picks them up from the porch and provides a covered box until they start "cheeping" again. Then she releases them. We get maybe 6-10 like this per year.

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
There has been an outbreak over the past few years for eye infections in birds, especially those that eat from feeders.

To prevent it, make sure you clean your bird feeders with hot soapy water and rinse well.

Infected birds can fly, but cannot see and flutter on the ground, fall victim to predators, and starve. This condition also happens in humans.

Good for you for helping Mr. Bird. Bird injuries are hard to deal with.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Be careful.

Matt Damon probably has a safety deposit box with money, six passports, and a SIG SP2009.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31427 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post