SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Akrapovic's tribute to superbikes is pretty good.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Akrapovic's tribute to superbikes is pretty good. Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
I don't know much about their exhausts but the guys at Akrapovic put together one hell of a tribute video.

If you are into superbikes crank your volume.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/QK5EVGqNg8U

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great video. I did track days in Utah at Miller Motorsports Park with my Z1000 and loved it.
Never had one of their exhausts either but I have seen them. Sound is nice but I prefer stealth.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I completely read that wrong. I was expecting something more along these lines.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Cool music. Stereosparks Love Is Blindness.

Cool video too.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I first heard of them years ago for their titanium exhaust systems for Corvettes. Their products look amazing, great attention to detail.

Never bought any of their stuff but I know it's quality stuff.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
they are the benchmark for quality exhausts. They're one of (maybe the only) manufacturers with their own foundry as well where they do investment casing in titanium. If you look at some stock porsche exhausts, that's what's on it (GT2 etc)

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
So quality sounds like it's very good. How about performance? Is there a certain brand they tend to work best with? How are they compared to Yoshimura and Brocks?

Who do you guys like the most when it comes to full exhaust systems for the S1000RR & GSX-R1000?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok...that was pretty cool...

Posts: 714 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
So quality sounds like it's very good. How about performance? Is there a certain brand they tend to work best with? How are they compared to Yoshimura and Brocks?

Who do you guys like the most when it comes to full exhaust systems for the S1000RR & GSX-R1000?

Yosh and Brock's cannot spell Akrapovic... It don't get no better.

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1083 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:

I can't comment on bikes, since I sold my last one almost 10 years ago, but you literally can't beat akra exhausts in any department. Like I said earlier, Porsche subs the work out to them on some of their grail cars.

People say they fit better than oem, the finish is insane; they're the exhaust company every other company wants to be 1/10 as good as. My only experience with them is on euro and exotics. I have an e92 m3 in now that has their exhaust, I know they make systems for the new corvettes and maybe some other American cars, but they're too spendy for my area I guess.

Nothing compares, if price is no object. They're a brand driven by not settling short of perfection, and they have a decent lead time on getting a new system made... that says it all. I don't even sell their product, maybe 1-2 a year. I can just recognize when someone has it figured out. They do.

Google their facilities. I remember a tour video somewhere. It's pretty cool.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
In my opinion they are the best exhaust manufacturer.

I've them on all my bikes except for one which I went with tiforce to save some money.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4787 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
As others have said - when you want the Very Best, go with the Ak.

They make one for my FJ-09 for a measly $1000. I can't imagine what a full car system must cost.

Can't speak to performance on cars but on the FJ that exhaust and a ECU re-flash will buy you 3-4 horsepower (base is around 110) but on the FJ board I hang out on everyone is all about the sound and the look. I guess there is a fairly significant weight savings as well.

Personally, I'm fine with the stock exhaust both looks and performance wise.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Just a marketing video. Nothing new in bike exhausts in the 20 years I've been riding but can design. The best exhausts I've seen and used weren't Akras. They were Japanese exhausts. The Japanese can weld titanium like no others in the world. The welds are works for art. Sato (Ladybird), Arata. The yen to dollar and importation, they just don't come here as easily or as cheaply as they used to. You have to buy them in Japan and have them shipped over. Leo Vince is also a nice brand out of Italy. They aren't as pretty as Akra, but you get the same performance for a lot less money. And if you're just buying a can it doesn't matter. Most just adapt their same exact can to fit each bike. A slip-on is just a damn can, rand almost doesn't matter. It's the full system that matters. If the exhaust manu took the time to bend the headers and actually do development to get the best out of the motor. A v-twin, v4, or crossplane 4 sound like a god made them. A traditional inline 4, I don't know why you'd want to wick up the sound. Big Grin

Drinking my coffee, and about to put on the suit and deciding on v4 or crossplane 4 for today. Almost time to go attack my twisty corners. I probably need to get the gas out of the v4, it's been sitting and has fresher tires. Wink

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Just a marketing video. Nothing new in bike exhausts in the 20 years I've been riding but can design. The best exhausts I've seen and used weren't Akras. They were Japanese exhausts. The Japanese can weld titanium like no others in the world. The welds are works for art. Sato (Ladybird), Arata. The yen to dollar and importation, they just don't come here as easily or as cheaply as they used to. You have to buy them in Japan and have them shipped over. Leo Vince is also a nice brand out of Italy. They aren't as pretty as Akra, but you get the same performance for a lot less money. And if you're just buying a can it doesn't matter. Most just adapt their same exact can to fit each bike. A slip-on is just a damn can, rand almost doesn't matter. It's the full system that matters. If the exhaust manu took the time to bend the headers and actually do development to get the best out of the motor. A v-twin, v4, or crossplane 4 sound like a god made them. A traditional inline 4, I don't know why you'd want to wick up the sound. Big Grin

Drinking my coffee, and about to put on the suit and deciding on v4 or crossplane 4 for today. Almost time to go attack my twisty corners. I probably need to get the gas out of the v4, it's been sitting and has fresher tires. Wink

My brother has an inline 4 and I have a V Four. I told him that once you get used to the sound of a V Four, and inline sounds a little boring. He looked at me like I was crazy.

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
To me there is no greater sound on earth than a flat plane crank inline four nearing redline. It's like a drug, it gets my heart pumping. I enjoy the sound of 90° twins, triples and V4s also but I just LOVE that insane high pitched scream of a inline four. Crossplane cranks on I4s just don't excite me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
To me there is no greater sound on earth than a flat plane crank inline four nearing redline. It's like a drug, it gets my heart pumping. I enjoy the sound of 90° twins, triples and V4s also but I just LOVE that insane high pitched scream of a inline four. Crossplane cranks on I4s just don't excite me.

I was beyond my biking days when modern sport bikes became a thing. I've always been thrilled at the idea of aggressively riding one, but with a family, the risk is not one I could take. Now that my boys are grown and I am a discarded husk, I entertain the notion of buying one but can't get past knowing that I'd look like the Michelin Man wearing those leathers. Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:

Cross plane crank on inline 4's = the same firing order as a 90 degree V4. You couldn't tell the difference on the bike. It's referred to as the virtual V4.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
Back when I was in about junior high, there was an older "cool" kid, actually I think he was over 21 since he bought beer for us occasionally.

He had a KZ750 with a Kerker on it. And every summer night around 11PM, I'd hear I'm leaving from work speed-shifting that bike. It sounded amazing.

I'm still very partial to aircooled inline 4's because of those memories. Plus I think it's just a beautiful engine to pontificate over...

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High standards,
low expectations
Picture of Surefire
posted Hide Post
I had a full system on my SV650S, and it was the bomb diggity!
Catback for my C63 AMG is near $8000....

The reward for hard work, is more hard work arcwelder76, 2013

Posts: 5252 | Location: Edmonton AB, Canada | Registered: July 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post