SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    georgia aquarium , when is the best time of year?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

georgia aquarium , when is the best time of year? Login/Join 
posted
I have about a third of the trip money saved up to see the pretty fish and coral and squids and whales and stuff.

Is there a better time of year to visit?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Before the mermaids go into esterous.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
e e e www

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KurtZ66
posted Hide Post
I'd stay away from peak times like summer, spring break, etc. Other than that, go early (when they open) and enjoy. If you can swing a behind the scenes tour, I recommend it.

‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’

— Thomas Jefferson's "Commonplace Book," 1774-1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764

Posts: 413 | Location: GA | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is best to go when it is open.

Posts: 17235 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
it almost never fails , that when I schedule a road trip to a major attraction,

when I get there , this event or that attraction or these exhibits are closed for repair or remodel or relocation Frown

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
As someone who doesn’t have kids, I have found the week AFTER Labor Day to be excellent for travel. Weather is just as good as summer but crowds are down because the little angels/demons are back in school.

Just have to check and make sure where you’re going isn’t undergoing renovations.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23254 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TN aquarium is also very good.... Consider that one as well.

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 862 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Politically offensive
Picture of WarEagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by El Cid 92:
TN aquarium is also very good.... Consider that one as well.

Andrew

I agree. With the exception of the beluga whales, the TN Aquarium in Chattanooga has everything the GA Aquarium has and the parking is better.

Regards, WarEagle
NRA Patron Life Member

Posts: 2341 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: October 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you’re a scuba diver, and have a few hundred extra bucks, you can dive with the belugas.

I second the Chattanooga aquarium

Posts: 772 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We moved to the area in Feb. Our son visited over his spring break last month and wanted to go to the aquarium. Went bought tickets onlne and went in before the walk-up ticket purchasers were able to get in. It was nice but we were done after about two hours.

Posts: 1065 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Best to go before school lets out for summer and go on a weekday amd go in the afternoon.

And with due respect to the TN Aquarium (I love it and love the architecture of the building) it is a good bit smaller than GA. No belugas, no whale sharks, GA has a new dolphin show, a sea lion show, and is putting in a shark exhibit though I don't know when it'll be complete.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I agree on Chattanooga. It is also a nice city to spend a weekend in. Lots to see and do, and many free concerts on the water.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Never been there but do have experience at the National Aquarium in Baltimore.

Summer is bad. Weekends are bad. During the week when school is in session is the best. Buy your tickets online ahead of time if planning allows. Go early when they open.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16397 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Both the TN and GA aquariums are worth seeing. They are different enough (assuming one has real interest and not just “ooh, that one swims fast!”) that they are both enjoyable. GA has the Coke museum and Civil Rights museums as well as College Football Hall of Fame all very close by. Chattanooga is a cool town, and hotels are reasonable just a block from the acquarium.

October. School in, there may be field trips there, so go early. Weather slightly cooler.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Chattanooga in the early fall is wonderful Wink

Posts: 13812 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RaiseHal
posted Hide Post
I took my elderly dad on a Wed afternoon thinking it wouldn't be too crowded. Neither of us will ever go back. A million screaming kids on field trips, a million people with baby strollers smacking your ankles while waiting in lines, poor designs where you could only see the exhitit

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill

Posts: 4650 | Location: The Free State of Georgia | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
A million screaming kids on field trips, a million people with baby strollers smacking your ankles while waiting in lines,

Big Grin
So take a wiffle bat , when I go ? Big Grin