SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bowe Bergdahl expected to plead guilty
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bowe Bergdahl expected to plead guilty Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Allen West expresses my feelings better than I can:

https://allenbwest.americanews...eyond-comprehension/

The judge’s decision on Bergdahl has me enraged beyond comprehension
By
Allen West -November 3, 2017

A very delusional US Army Colonel Jeffery Nance just made one of the most abhorrent judicial decisions in U.S. military history. This person — hard for me to refer to him as a professional Army officer or a judge — decided that Army Sgt Bowe Bergdahl should receive a dishonorable discharge, but will serve no prison time.

Nance decided that Bergdahl had already served confinement with the enemy — albeit the same enemy that Bergdahl stated he trusted more than his own U.S. Army.

Let me explain something: a Soldier can get a dishonorable discharge for forging checks. Bergdahl pleaded guilty to the worst crimes a Soldier could commit…deserting his post in a combat zone and endangering fellow Soldiers.

And for this Colonel Nance to decry that Bergdahl has already suffered and received punishment, that he is suffering from some psychiatric disorder — that has nothing to do with his admitted crime. It’s a crime that under the Uniform Code of Military Justice is punishable by death, the least being life imprisonment.

What the heck is happening in the U.S. Army? So now we have two traitors with a mental condition who were guilty of the most heinous of crimes in uniform walking free? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!!

What message does this send to our brave men and women who face the enemy…like an incarcerated Army 1LT Clint Lorance?

I am saying this directly to President Trump, put your freaking Twitter toy down and pardon Clint Lorance NOW! We are sick and tired of this and you can do something about it. There are men who lost their lives because of Bowe Bergdahl. As well, Colonel Jeffery Nance should be removed from serving on the Army bench.

What a disrespectful slap in the face to the families who lost their loved ones searching for this traitor, this coward. And to think, we released five senior Taliban commanders for this…and now this coward walks free? And spare me the pity party that his life is ruined with a dishonorable discharge; there are men who are dead. Where are the statements from the secretary of the Army or the chief of staff of the Army, surely they cannot agree and support this decision? Where is their outrage?

This is disgusting, appalling, and disconcerting. It truly reflects the damage Barack Obama did to our military is deep. And if we do not see any changes, then we will come to a realization that the current administration is complicit. Release Clint Lorance NOW, and perhaps we will find some solace in this utter travesty of so-called military justice. And just as a reminder, I know a little bit about how the Army system of “justice” works. Damn, it seems that abandoning your duty post, divulging classified information, or just abandoning Americans is more praised behavior today.

This is without a doubt the FUBAR award winner for 2017. Bowe Bergdahl, an admitted deserter walks free — let me remind y’all, Islamic jihadists don’t hold American troops for five years — and Bergdahl looked pretty healthy when he was released, and I never read of any signs of physical abuse. So what in the hell did Colonel Nance base his insidious decision upon? Seems to be Bergdahl had a five-year break, not a brutal imprisonment. Then after all, those were the consequences of his desertion…the consequences of his endangering other Soldiers is also very evident.

I am truly incensed beyond comprehension. I want Clint Lorance released from Ft. Leavenworth prison NOW and Colonel Jeffery Nance removed from the bench and charged with dereliction of duty. The last thing we damn need is judicial activism perverting and destroying our military justice system.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Bergdahl should have received the same punishment as Eddie Slovak did, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Slovik but Bergdahl’s offense was worse as soldiers died trying to rescue him.

To me, this is just further proof of the systemic rot that has infected the military over the past 20+ years.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I almost believe that the judge made this ruling to spite President Trump.

Unless evidence to the contrary surfaces, I consider it a *purely* political decision.

The "judge" was probably wearing a "Resist" shirt under his robe. Either that or "Communism Will Win" like that little LT at the academy.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
Bergdahl should have received the same punishment as Eddie Slovak did, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Slovik but Bergdahl’s offense was worse as soldiers died trying to rescue him.

To me, this is just further proof of the systemic rot that has infected the military over the past 20+ years.

what he said +100

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
I'd be willing to bet he ends up with a general discharge and full benefits.

And full disability!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife who leans left is dumbfounded by this decision too. I really hope for the worst for both Bowe and his family. The whole crew seems like a bunch of shit stains.

Posts: 7523 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Hey Bowe, Catch!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
This was not about Bergdahl.
This light sentence was about the Judge's political views.
He obviously was an Obama and Hillary supporter.

FORT BRAGG, N.C. — President Trump’s harsh criticism of Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, who walked off his Army post in Afghanistan in 2009 and was captured by the Taliban, will weigh in favor of a lighter sentence for the sergeant, a military judge said on Monday.

“I will consider the president’s comments as mitigation evidence as I arrive at an appropriate sentence,” the judge, Col. Jeffery R. Nance of the Army, said during a hearing at Fort Bragg.

Link

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Can the president terminate the judge?

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Can a patriotic vigilante terminate this filthy traitor?

Please?

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34082 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
One would hope that the Dishonorable Discharge would serve as a penalty to Bergdahl, but we all know he will financially prosper with movies and book deals, Soros will most likely throw money at him as well.

"Filthy traitor" is such a vague term, Judge or Deserter?

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
I'd be willing to bet he ends up with a general discharge and full benefits.

And full disability!

Not with a dishonorable. It won't be upgraded (punitive discharges via courts-martial are forever).

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:

One would hope that the Dishonorable Discharge would serve as a penalty to Bergdahl, but we all know he will financially prosper with movies and book deals...

Maybe Harvard will offer him a teaching slot...

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Dishonorable discharge... oh no!

Is this guy ever going to do anything in his life where that would matter in the slightest?

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of thejudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
Can the president terminate the judge?

One thing for sure is that Nance won’t be getting any promotions to the rank of Brigadier General while Trump is in charge so he might as well think about retiring.
Based on his decision, one cannot help but speculate if his surname was originally Nancy.

Posts: 130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: September 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I'm coming in late to this thread but I want to add my WTF to the sentence.

It does injustice not only to the other things mentioned in this thread but to all the other military court trials and non-judicial punishment hearings. Shit, based on this case, some of those NJPs should be upgraded to receiving a medal instead. Crap.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
This was not about Bergdahl.
This light sentence was about the Judge's political views.
He obviously was an Obama and Hillary supporter.

Obama treated this punk like he was some kind of hero. So I'll have to agree with your opinion about the judge's political leanings, and the effect it had on this decision.

I also believe the "judge" saw this as an opportunity to poke Trump in the eye.

Posts: 1779 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mod29:
I also believe the "judge" saw this as an opportunity to poke Trump in the eye.

I suspect you’re right, but despite being disgusted by the sentence, either we respect the workings of our judicial system or we don’t.

In this case respecting the system requires us to accept—if not approve of—the judge’s ruling. Unlike some countries, here the prosecution cannot appeal the sentence and ask someone higher up to make it more severe no matter what motivated the judge’s decision, whether it was morally sincere or a petty personal dislike of the President. Be careful what we ask for because if this decision could be overturned by the President or someone else, so could future decisions made by different judges under different Presidents. We have to look back in time less than a year to realize how scary that prospect could be.

As someone who was involved in the military justice system for much of my life, calls to retaliate against a military judge because of a sentence we don’t like are more than a little disturbing to me.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
I suspect you’re right, but despite being disgusted by the sentence, either we respect the workings of our judicial system or we don’t.

in my case, I don't

no justice, no respect

period

they want respect, they can damned well earn it - right now they've flushed it all down the shitter

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post