SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bowe Bergdahl expected to plead guilty
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bowe Bergdahl expected to plead guilty Login/Join 
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigcpa:
Luke 6:36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

Yes, he deserves punishment. Be merciful in your punishment.

Not to put too fine a point on it but mercy has no place in this, military discipline is more important.

I might say different if his cowardice did not cause the death /injury of my brothers but that is not the case.

There is a reason they would have the unit watch punishments....

He needed to be put against a wall

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is no doubt that if we still had a military that imposed punishment as we did in WWII, this traitor would have been executed within 6 months of our getting him back.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5160 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
this sucks. DD and out the door?

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
No jail time!? Mad

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
WTF!!

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
FORT BRAGG, N.C. (AP) -- The Latest on the sentencing hearing for Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl (all times local):

11:40 a.m.

A military judge has found that Bowe Bergdahl should serve no prison time for endangering his comrades by walking off his Afghanistan post.

The judge also gave Bergdahl a dishonorable discharge, reduced his rank to private and said he must forfeit pay equal to $1,000 per month for 10 months. The judge made no other comments.

Bergdahl appeared tense, grimaced and clenched his jaw. His attorneys put their arms around him and one patted him on the back.

Bergdahl pleaded guilty to desertion and misbehavior before the enemy and had faced up to life in prison. The judge had wide leeway because Bergdahl made no deal with prosecutors to limit his sentence.

Prosecutors had sought stiff punishment because of wounds to service members who searched for Bergdahl after he disappeared in 2009. He was held captive by Taliban allies for five years.

The defense sought to counter that evidence with testimony about Bergdahl's suffering during five years as a captive of Taliban allies, his contributions to military intelligence and survival instruction and his mental health problems.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Dishonorable discharge and $10K fine.
What a crock.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
No friggen jail time! No death sentence! This is BULLSHIT!!!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Street justice takes over?

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
A fine and a dishonorable discharge? WTF???

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
UnFUCKING believeable. Red Face

Yet another example of why the US military might not ever win another war.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
Street justice takes over?

RMD

Let's hope not. This vermin isn't worth anyone spending jail time over. Let him spend his days hated by his community. Unless he moves to Berkley, that is, where he'll be treated as a hero.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5160 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
?

WTF

This sentence makes no sense.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
He'll probably be Jimmy Kimmel's next guest.

No f'ing justice at all!

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
I am a former member of the US Army. I formerly held the service in high esteem.

The "Judge" in this case should be carefully evaluated by his superior officers, as his decision in this instance is an absolute miscarriage of "Justice", to say nothing of an abject failure to uphold the tenets of the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

He, along with Bergdahl, should be riffed to Pvt E-3 and sent to Leavenworth.

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
If I were him, I'd feel safer behind bars.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That is not Justice. Quite the opposite.

Posts: 107571 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
This Col. had made comments concerning the President and what he said about this traitor and hinted he was retiring and not concerned whatsoever about what the CIC thought, more deep state.

Posts: 2774 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
ok, so desertion in the face of the enemy and being the reason for several people being killed is apparently all you need for a dishonorable discharge...

imagine that

ask me again why I think the 'justice system' is totally fucked up

what exactly is the 'justice system' - apparently any resemblance to justice is only lip service

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
With Manning's sentence being commuted and now this scumbag getting away with basically no punishment, it sends a dangerously strong signal about the costs of betraying America. It will certainly embolden those domestic enemies who hate this country.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post