SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bowe Bergdahl expected to plead guilty
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bowe Bergdahl expected to plead guilty Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl was expected to plead guilty later this month to desertion and misbehavior before the enemy rather than face trial for leaving his Afghanistan post in 2009, The Associated Press reported.

Two sources told The Associated Press that Bergdahl would submit the plea later this month and sentencing would start Oct. 23. The Associated Press did not name the two individuals.

Bergdahl's lawyer declined to comment when contacted by Fox News.

Bergdahl, 31, could fave up to five years in prison on the desertion charge and a life sentence for misbehavior.

Bergdahl deserted his Afghanistan post in 2009 and was held captive by the Taliban for about five years. He was released in 2014 for five Taliban detainees by the Obama administration. The exchanged was viewed as controversial at the time due to the debate about negotiating with hostage takers.

In December, Bergdahl requested a pardon from then-President Obama before he left office, Fox News reported. He was not granted the pardon.

During the presidential campaign, Donald Trump called Bergdahl a “dirty, rotten traitor” during a town hall in August 2015.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017...ing-his-post-ap.html

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
He shouldn't still be breathing.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I don't recall the media reporting that he was a dirty rotten traitor. I wonder why. OH, never mind. In the past they used firing squads. I'd bet they'd have any number of volunteers for that duty.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Well, got to at least give one to BHO, not pardoning this scum.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

I don't know why he didn't, but I'm sure the reason was self serving. Stampy Feet acted as if Bergdahl was a hero. But no one is as important as #1, right Stampy?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Too bad. I wanted that stinking sack of shit to have to listen to the testimony and evidence against him and for all of it to be out in the open.

Coward

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Primarily because he was too busy making excuses for hilz..

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Too bad. I wanted that stinking sack of shit to have to listen to the testimony and evidence against him and for all of it to be out in the open.

Coward

I also was hoping that this clown would be exposed and the MSM would have to actually report on what this traitorous shit-bird did for his notoriety.

Posts: 14636 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Rip those Bogus stripes off this scumbag and make him repay the "Back Pay" he received at sergeant grade!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
These seem backwards to me. I would think the life sentence would be for something he would have previously been shot for.

Bergdahl, 31, could face up to five years in prison on the desertion charge and a life sentence for misbehavior

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
Rip those Bogus stripes off this scumbag and make him repay the "Back Pay" he received at sergeant grade!

I've often wondered how he legitimately was made E-5. I understand the time in service and time in grade thing, but there is more to making E-5 in the Army than just those. Available slots, passing PLDC, etc....

Posts: 20082 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:

I've often wondered how he legitimately was made E-5. I understand the time in service and time in grade thing, but there is more to making E-5 in the Army than just those. Available slots, passing PLDC, etc....

I believe Obama promoted him to make him into a hero, while goosing his mom in the rose garden...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
One advantage of a guilty plea is that it’s harder for his supporters to continue to claim he did nothing wrong—not impossible, of course, but harder. It also reduces the likelihood of interminable appeals.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47398 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
5 years in Leavenworth with a patriotic, but life-sentence serving convicted murderer should work this out.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Luke 6:36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

Yes, he deserves punishment. Be merciful in your punishment.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sorry, Jesus, but not this time.

This fuckstick got good men killed. Makes me mad just to think about it.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
He shouldn't still be breathing.

Agreed.

He left his post - left his brothers - in a combat zone.

I can usually find some level of 'empathy' for a perpetrator if I try hard enough. Not excusing it - but 'understanding' why they did what they did.

Not this guy. To leave your fellow soldiers - desert your post - when they are counting on you. Its unthinkable and goes against everything you are taught Day One in the Army.

--------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Men- real men doing the duty they swore to do- died trying to retrieve this pile of dung after he ran away like a little girl.

Those men kept their oath and did their duty, unlike this disgusting coward.

And yes, he should be a corpse rotting in the ground right now.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigcpa:
Luke 6:36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

Yes, he deserves punishment. Be merciful in your punishment.

Respectfully, I call foul. You're taking that verse out of context and making the same conflation that folks use to claim that Jesus is a Communist.

In terms of Christian mandate, there's a significant difference between the actions of an individual and the actions of a State. Luke 6:26-36 is Christ speaking to his disciples as to their individual behavior centered on forgiveness. It's the passage that starts with the bit about turning the other cheek.

I would counter that the applicable verse(s) are found in Romans 13:1-5,

Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
When a Muslim sympathizing, America hating, hack of a President like Obama - who got you out of there in the first place - won't Pardon you, you know you're fucked. If the guy was even a little bit innocent he'd have been Pardoned already with a taxpayer paid sex change or some shit. He's so hosed, and seems to know it, or at least his attorneys do.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post