SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Potential disruption in my ether
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Potential disruption in my ether Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted
Just got a message that one of my favorite gun fora (yes, there are others) may be losing its host and is seeking to find an appropriate one as a replacement. I enjoy my membership and participation there and would deeply miss it if it were to cease operating. I've personally met several of the other members and cherish my association with them, so you can see how the disappearance of that forum might be discomforting.

I'm not expecting anyone here to help, of course, but you're all sort of my "family" and I needed to vent about this. Hopefully another host will be located.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
There were 2 other sites I used to frequent. When the new owners or moderators took over, it was such a profound change that had to stop participating. I hope yours works out better than my experiences.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That place was one of the first forums I signed up on way back when the webz just started to become mainstream. Hasn’t changed a whole lot through the years. Very laid back place. Hopefully it’ll survive. Lot of good folks there.

God, Guns, and Guts made this country....let's keep all three

Posts: 495 | Location: TX | Registered: March 09, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Of which forum do you speak?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post