SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Spying on an iPhone...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spying on an iPhone... Login/Join 
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
There are various key logger programs that can be covertly installed on phone and computers. many are portrayed for use as keeping an eye on the kids. The suspicious person can deploy the program by sending and email to the suspect. The program has to be opened by the user for it to be installed. Basically it operates as a virus.

They can give access to every email written or sent, SMS messages, phone call information and photos taken. Mind you this information I learned from an old police case i investigated over ten years ago and it involved a program called E-blaster. E-blaster also allowed to the person who was doing the monitoring to turn on the phone and listen to what was going on around it without giving the phones user any indication that the phone was being used against them. I can't imagine what they can do now...

In reference to your friend, the old law enforcement saying of "I you have to chain the dog to the porch it Ain't you dog" comes to mind. Since your friends spouse is the one holding the chain, I have to ask, why is she willing to play the part of the dog?

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
But basically, I am right.

It's a shame you didn't make this your CUT.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12402 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:

lol, love the self affirmation of a lawyer. They’re always right, the judge / jury just didn’t agree with them! Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:

lol, love the self affirmation of a lawyer. They’re always right, the judge / jury just didn’t agree with them! Big Grin

That is true. Juries be cray. Wink

In this case, I mean that the details are fuzzy, but the basic idea is correct.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
It takes two to tango usually. She's likely just as shitty as he is.

That opinion may or may not be valid, but please refer to my previous statement: “Backstabbing, mistrust, and other crummy deeds aside, the nerd in me wonders about the app installed.”

quote:
Such apps are probably violations...

And this is interesting, too!

quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
There are various key logger programs that can be covertly installed on phone and computers.

I’ve wondered about this as well.

quote:
E-blaster also allowed to the person who was doing the monitoring to turn on the phone and listen to what was going on around it without giving the phones user any indication that the phone was being used against them.

Fascinating!

quote:
why is she willing to play the part of the dog?

That, sir, is for a whole ‘nother discussion….

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I had talked to a private eye about some of this a while back. He mentioned a bunch of things about this and other issues. One was about GPS trackers, of major concern was how the vehicle was registered? If joint or in the 'trackers' name it was a lot easier, more legal.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
To your question about how hard it is to see the app, the teensafe is totally invisible. If I were to go look (haven't yet), it would reveal all deleted texts, emails, tweets, etc. that have been sent or received on her phone. No way to see it from her side that I'm aware of.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
To your question about how hard it is to see the app, the teensafe is totally invisible. If I were to go look (haven't yet), it would reveal all deleted texts, emails, tweets, etc. that have been sent or received on her phone. No way to see it from her side that I'm aware of.

Wouldn't be easier to just not give them a phone?

Man, I'm so glad I don't have to raise a kid nowadays.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Good question. For us, yes it was, but then she got old enough to have basketball and golf practice, etc, and we needed a way to let her contact us in case of changes. So we told her up front, "okay, this phone will tell everything on you" and she still wanted it, so here ya go.

My philosophy on raising kids is perhaps different than most. I really don't care about their privacy, so long as I'm doing my job raising respectable, industrial people who fear God and make their own way. I know that's not what you were saying, but many folks really don't believe in breaking the sacred bond of their kids privacy. Hey, if it keeps her from doing things she shouldn't, I'm not above... well, much of anything! And yes, it completely sucks raising kids with all this electronic stuff at their fingertips. I really am glad that we didn't have it back in the day. Smile

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post