SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Friday the 13th thread , any hic up's ? crazy crap?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Friday the 13th thread , any hic up's ? crazy crap? Login/Join 
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
A girl I used to work with and her new boss lady treated me to an excellent smoked brisket bbq lunch. A lucky day for me.

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
LUCKY day today. I was given a ticket to the San Antonio Symphony's performance of Beethoven's 9th Symphony. The seat was front row center! TINS! It was great. I was lamenting that I would miss Beethoven's 5th in Austin because I was too dumb to buy a ticket in advance.

Hmmm, maybe I can still get a ticket for the 5th on Saturday... that would be an awesome musical double play!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5962 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Had my 5 year old in for a crown, but had to be put under. Everything came out okay, so happy 4 hours at dentist. Had wife's Vue in for oil leak thinking timing chain cover and being told that'd be near $1900, but finding out oil pressure sensor is main problem and fixed for $200. Pretty good day I would say....

quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
Both my wife and son are celebrating their birthdays.
My wife 25, my son 14.

...until I went to cut down this quote. Holy god that cat picture must be impressive cuz the coding took like 3 minutes of holding backspace. I don't even remember my comment for this exchange.
ETA: Now that I re-read my post, your wife wasn't 11 when she had your child, ya?

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2440 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lol, no, would you post your wifes age or even elude to it?.
2 kids 15 and 14, only with the 1 wife. Been married 21 years. My daughter informed me, she is 24 not 25, and that i cant count for shit.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I had a pretty darn good day yesterday. Washed the car. The log splitter started up this year on the first pull so I split up a bunch of wood and then fixed my coffee maker that had leaked all over the counter that morning.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5034 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
Lol, no, would you post your wifes age or even elude to it?.
2 kids 15 and 14, only with the 1 wife. Been married 21 years. My daughter informed me, she is 24 not 25, and that i cant count for shit.

Big Grin just ribbin' ya. I'm lucky my kids age I can still count on one hand so it's easy. Once they're adults I'm sure it'll all blur together.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2440 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Does our whiteout blizzard here in South Dakota count? <sigh> Frown

Yep, last night rated as second worse snow I've ever driven in. Went from hard rain to 5" of snow in 35 miles.

It was Friday the 13th worthy.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5145 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
I tried to fl6 home from Palm Springs to CT. Through Dallas-Ft Worth, which was threatening tornados. Eventually landed in Austin to refuel, ground hold, then into DFW too late to go anywhere yesterday. Pit stop into the marriot for 5 hours (I don’t do airport floors) and back into DFW to check on flights. Still waiting to take off for CT.

These Friday the 13ths are sure mysterious.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found two , 9mm X.D. mags full of S.D. ammo, !

they were not in the last three last places that I looked,
but they did show up.

they have been a w o l for three years, in an e.d.c. bag

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54597 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I lost my cellphone in the Feather River, after festooning the bottom with several minnow rigs. I did manage to catch a striper though.

Posts: 159 | Registered: February 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My refrigerator/freezer decided to flood my kitchen floor. Finally found the TWO(2) plastic water lines that split, and repaired them. Thought things were o.k until this A.M. and another split. I fixed it, and hope everything will be "cool and dry" for now.

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I rented a tiller to till up the garden plot,
did not bother to look at the tines (thinking I did not have to) only to find out they were completely worn off,

so took it back for another ,.

then drove to a supply house to get some screens the wife had ordered, only to find out she did not read the entire email she had and the screens were at the same company,,,, just another location,, 40 minutes away,,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
It was my birthday so the wife and I went to seafood place we usually like. It was packed and we waited forever. We even had to ask for a menu that no one thought to bring us. I ordered an Angus burger and they brought me out an almost raw cheeseburger. The waitress was nice enough to tell me they weren't going to charge me for the cheese. Food was room temp so we are done with that place. And to top it off my mother forgot it was my birthday and didn't call until a few minutes ago. What a great freakin' day.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1864 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
With a lot of luck we barely made it through the Friday 13th.

Smile

Remember, it is unlucky to be superstitious.

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
...And to top it off my mother forgot it was my birthday and didn't call until a few minutes ago...

My God, man, that's awful! OK, you win the thread! Eek

My mother never forgot my birthday, but for many years gave me her standard present, a dress shirt that was the size I wore in high school, despite my growing five inches in height and over 50 pounds in weight.

I feel your pain!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9142 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
newto, she told me she knew it was my birthday but just never got around to calling. It was no biggie, she's forgotten it the last 2 years. Needless to say, birthdays weren't big deals in my family.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1864 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post