SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Friday the 13th thread , any hic up's ? crazy crap?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Friday the 13th thread , any hic up's ? crazy crap? Login/Join 
posted
All seemed to be going well in tiny town, just another day in the heartland.

And the the clock struck 4:00 ( p.m.)

Our four plex Apt. building had cars pulling in to the parking lot.

Highly unusual, the three tenants that reside there , ( all over 60 y.o.and single) all residents for over 10 years were on alert.

The landlord was showing the only open apt.,
but, but, not to another old folk Eek

But a 28 y.o. female with four kids under 6 years old ! Eek Eek Eek Frown

is this even legal in a two bd ,single bath?

She had grandma with her in another car.
stand by for the end of a safe, sane and civil sanctuary

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54638 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I tripped over a package and tore the box open. When I delivered it to the customer, I asked her to inspect it for damage. She destroyed the box by ripping the panels apart, then proceeded to give me all kinds of grief about the contents--a fleece bedsheet set wrapped in its own plastic bag--before actually examining it and discovering that it was fine. She didn't apologize for the dressing down she gave me about how I "destroyed" her bedsheets. I quietly left but now she's on my shit list.

When on my way back to the terminal, I was fourth in line behind a motor vehicle accident involving a motorcycle and a pickup. As seen in nearly every video on YouTube involving a motorcycle/car accident, the motorcyclist's riding partner was livid and threatening the truck driver with physical violence, trying to pull him out of the truck and all that. A couple of CalTrans trucks blocked the road and looked like they were gonna jump in on the truck driver, too. When I saw that I called 911 to report the incident. Was stuck there for about 15 minutes until the CalTrans guys realized they're not cops and can't block a highway. When they pulled over, the first responders were arriving on scene and I got the hell out of there.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I figured this was a Friday 13th event

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...ed-oral-sex-him.html

A top doctor in Germany is under arrest for killing a lover with cocaine while she performed oral sex upon him.

Police say Dr. Andreas Niederbichler is being probed for giving three more women the drug during sexual encounters although they suffered no serious adverse effects.

Police believe the 42-year-old sprinkled the drug on his penis beforehand.

As a plastic and reconstructive surgery expert he practiced nationwide and detectives say there may be many more victims.

Niederbichler was appointed head doctor in his field at the Harzer Clinic in the state of Saxony-Anhalt in 2016.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
My Friday the 13th has gone quite well, so far, actually.

At the pre-hearing for my traffic ticket my moving violation was reduced to a parking violation. Fine went up a bit, but no points.

After lunch, took a quick power nap and woke up refreshed.

Went to the gym and had the best leg workout I've had in months.

Got home: Wife is making a dinner with brats! Sittin' here chillin' with a good beer until dinner is ready.

Life don't get no better than this! Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Forking GE microwave just died. While i was reading this thread. Damn it to hell

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
So far so good...got some free chocolate cake for lunch!!!

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The air above the din
Picture of Aquilon
posted Hide Post
I have had all manner of annoying problems and mishaps all day long. Thankfully, all fairly minor (so far, anyway). I'm not superstitious, but still, damn.

Posts: 966 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Well, I didn't walk under any ladders or cross by any black cats, but when I got home from work I was craving this for dinner:

Am I possessed?

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
Normal day for me so nothing to contribute really, except for this Smile

Posts: 483 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Both my wife and son are celebrating their birthdays.
My wife 25, my son 14.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Does our whiteout blizzard here in South Dakota count? <sigh> Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
Yep up early to go to a volunteer thing a couple of hours away and about half way there found out the whole thing was canceled. My part was small but the school was shut because a control burn set by forest service with severe wind warning is out of control and the school is now an evacuation center. How's that?

Posts: 1089 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
...I was craving this for dinner:

(image)
Am I possessed?

I'm guessing you're pregnant. Eek

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
Both my wife and son are celebrating their birthdays.
My wife 25, my son 14.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Grin
and I thought I had it good!

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54638 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Got some things accomplished for work today.

Did some long overdue maintenance on the loading press. It is working a lot smoother now.

Co-worker and I knocked off at 2:00 pm (it's allowed, I'm the boss!), stopped for a sandwich and then had a good couple of hours at the range. Pistols functioned just fine (of course they did, we shot SIGs today -- my P938 and co-worker's P320).

As we were cleaning up our area prior to leaving, the RSO drove by in his golf cart and asked if either of us reloads 9mm. Yes, we both do. "Well," he said,"you might want to check the adjacent pistol area. The shooters there have departed and there is a TON of shiny 9mm brass on the ground."

I picked up a few hundred empties. They will go into the tumbler tomorrow, for cleaning.

Friday the 13th turned out to be an excellent day.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:
...I was craving this for dinner:

(image)
Am I possessed?

I'm guessing you're pregnant. Eek

I don't think you're pregnant, but I'm pretty sure you're single. Man, you need to get out more. Smile

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted Hide Post
At 2:30 had a 10,000 gallon liquid H2 tank go into an estop. That's about 1.1 million ft3.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, I didn't walk under any ladders or cross by any black cats, but when I got home from work I was craving this for dinner:

Am I possessed?

I want some man

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
Had a calf die on me today. Black heifer, born 1 March.

Scours.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post