SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Part Time Job Available
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Part Time Job Available Login/Join 
Eschew Obfuscation
posted
This fellow recently quit and they need to fill the position.

Great part time job for anyone who enjoys working with animals. Flexible hours. Good pay.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6393 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I need a job, but not as badly as I thought I did.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Oh hell no.

I have no problem with snakes. Seen many poisonous ones in the wild and never had an issue or been worried.

Still, no way am I doing what that guy is going.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16387 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Pink-box has an attitude.

Posts: 15021 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
I found that facinating. Smile

Posts: 2582 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Pink box??? What about blue box? That f—er came out with both fists up! Geez....

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5299 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
As a bonus you get a venom tolerance... If you don't die of course

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Hard to imagine needing money that bad.

Posts: 9491 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Nope.

I'm good.

Eek

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
That dude has ice in his veins!

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Da' fuk is wrong with him?

Hell no!!!!!!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if there's an OSHA reg about that, the latex gloves seem...inadequate.

The rats looked dead and some got ignored, can the cobras sense body heat?

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Not enough pay!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4829 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
The cobras seemed to miss the mice a lot, even at point blank range. What do you figure this facility is for, venom collection? That's a lot of damn tubs.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10353 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I'd take that. Before I took this one:

https://youtu.be/YIMigVo1pyA

Posts: 7347 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Did he really quit? Or, one of the snakes quit him? Eek

Q

Posts: 26318 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Hell to the no. To the infinitive power.

I'm with India Jones on this one.

I've described the Serpentarium down in Wilmington a few times here. Housed pretty much every guaranteed-death snake, in triplicate. I'd tell you that my worst fear when I worked down there was getting a call there where snakes were loose and I had to go in, except that would be a lie. Because my ass wasn't going in, so I didn't worry about it.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
Hell to the no. To the infinitive power.

I'm with India Jones on this one.

I've described the Serpentarium down in Wilmington a few times here. Housed pretty much every guaranteed-death snake, in triplicate. I'd tell you that my worst fear when I worked down there was getting a call there where snakes were loose and I had to go in, except that would be a lie. Because my ass wasn't going in, so I didn't worry about it.

Didn't the guy that ran that place get killed by his wife/girlfriend?

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I don't think so.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5034 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
I suspect a new topic Enough with the cobra pictures in the What's Your Deal! section would't get many hits.

Posts: 4817 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post