SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Vista Outdoor Aims to Exit Several Brands, Including Firearms
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vista Outdoor Aims to Exit Several Brands, Including Firearms Login/Join 
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted
I hope a "good" buyer emerges soon and takes these brands to new heights.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/v...-firearms-1525183300

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
Won't sell the golden goose of Federal Ammunition though. Roll Eyes

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2242 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
It would be nice to read the referred article without having to subscribe to the Wall Street Journal!

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Friggin hypocrites.
They are fine selling ammo and every other iconic brand they have acquired (Hoppes etc.), but want to dump Savage due to political environment?

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
We need to make a statement to them. If they don't want us, we don't want them.

Stop buying any products they own and let them know why. Hornady is on our side. Buy their ammo from now on.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dusty3030:
Friggin hypocrites.
They are fine selling ammo and every other iconic brand they have acquired (Hoppes etc.), but want to dump Savage due to political environment?

More like pressure from weak-kneed retailers like this: (quote from WSJ article)
quote:
Outdoor-gear retailer REI Inc. said in March it placed a hold on future orders of any Vista Outdoor products, citing the company’s firearms division and its lack of a public statement outlining “a clear plan of action.” Canadian retailer Mountain Equipment Co-op had also said it would stop ordering all Vista brands.

They have a lot of irons in the fire, and it could well be a business decision - what is the impact of keeping Savage vs. losing a bunch of sales of their other stuff? Just a math problem, once the loons have put their feet to the fire. In this case, it's the distribution channel. There are other loons trying to get the banks/credit cards to hassle firearms makers.

Better to get mad at REI and others of their ilk who are forcing these decisions, rather than to get mad at the manufacturers. And, in the end, does it matter to anyone what corporation owns Savage? I'd bet fewer than 5% of Savage owners know/knew that VSTO owned the brand, and fewer still cared.

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
REI doesn't even sell most of Vista's brands.

https://vistaoutdoor.com/brands/

They say in the release they are going to focus on ammo and shooting accessories.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bunch of damn hypocrites!! Keep the bullets coming boys, cause I can buy ammo elsewhere!!

I have been happy with Hornady in the past, and feel even more dedicated now.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'd bet fewer than 5% of Savage owners know/knew that VSTO owned the brand, and fewer still cared.

Guilty as charged!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
If you want to put a kink in REI's virtue-signalling tail, write them and ask if they're going to stop selling Black Diamond products since Clarus - formerly known as Black Diamond also owns Sierra Bullets Roll Eyes

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Disappointed to see them caving to REI. Vista is also heavily involved with archery as well as firearms. Just like I can choose which retailers I buy from, I can choose which manufacturers I buy from and recommend to students. I will not be buying or recommending any GoldTip arrows or B-Stinger stabilizers. Bummer because I like and shoot with both of those products.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
FYI, You all should read this.

This was just published by the NRA, on the Vista Outdoors and Savage thing.

NRA - American Rifleman: The Keefe Report: Vista’s “Strategic Transformation Plan”—Remain Calm

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Storm.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
Looks like I'm done with shots of M-Pro-7 after dinner. Razz

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
Thanks, Storm.

You're Welcome.

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SFCUSARET:
It would be nice to read the referred article without having to subscribe to the Wall Street Journal!

WSJ article about $VSTO

Posts: 1140 | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Storm:
FYI, You all should read this.

This was just published by the NRA, on the Vista Outdoors and Savage thing.

NRA - American Rifleman: The Keefe Report: Vista’s “Strategic Transformation Plan”—Remain Calm

Looks like they learned from the companies that have screwed themselves lately. Stay ahead of the madness.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
REI won't get another penny from me as long as I live.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
REI won't get another penny from me as long as I live.

Nope. Me either.

0:01

Posts: 4206 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post