SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Several Chicago police officers misused placards, IG report says
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Several Chicago police officers misused placards, IG report says Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
So the next time I get pulled over for speeding, I am going to use the same argument many are using here - umm officer, aren't there bigger fish to fry? Don't you have anything better to do? There are multiple shootings a week in Baltimore, why am I being pulled over?

Let's see how that works out for me.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I couldn’t care less about them using their credentials to park, but blocking fire lanes, etc. is ridiculous.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
Just because there are bigger fish out there doesn't mean they have to, or should, ignore the small fries. Just like traffic cops don't let you off the hook if someone else is speeding faster than you were. You still get your ticket.

This is a great example of there being the way you think things should work, and then there being the actual way things work, because that very thing has happened to me. Once just as you describe, and another time I was let go when I couldn’t find my insurance card because the officer got called by his partner up the street at another stop to come help assist.

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
This is chicken shit.

This isn't:
Diplomats owe $17 mll in New York parking fines

http://nymag.com/intelligencer...parking-tickets.html

That’s diplomatic immunity baby. Don’t like it? PNG the dude (or dudette). Making a diplomat Persona Non Grata sends a pretty clear message, but you’re still never gonna see the 17 nil.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
I gave a huge number of warnings, at least three times as many as the number who got summonses. You know what? Not once did anyone say they didn’t want a break unless everybody else was getting one too. Everyone’s a conversational egalitarian but nobody seems to be a situational one when they get pulled over, and when it’s one way only it isn’t being noble. Its being a weasel.

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post