SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Questions About The 2020 Census
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Questions About The 2020 Census Login/Join 
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted
Is it true that the census asks way more questions than it is authorized to ask by the Constitution? One older guy at work said it was his understanding that they are only authorized to ask, "How many people are living in your household?" Is he out of his mind, or is he on to something?

In 2012, I decided to act upon what the old guy said. When a census taker came to our front door, I told her, "There are three people living in this household, and that's all the information you are entitled to." She said she'd be back with her supervisor. When she and her supervisor returned, I told him the same thing, and that was the end of it.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I don’t have an answer for you, but I went ahead and completed the census online a couple days ago and did not have issue with any questions asked.

I have had to give the US Government WAY more info about me for background checks on applications or jobs that I am not concerned about the census. They already know every detail of my life.

I also don’t have issue with anyone who wants the government to know as little as legally possible about them.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
When they come around, I answer how many live in my house and kindly send them on their way. Never been fined or arrested.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/8460025764/p/8

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
^^^^. And since it went in the trash they’ll send someone out.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Problem with the census, is that we have allowed Liberals to input intrusive questions that Conservatives will not want to answer.

Notice as of late, Democrats have succeeded in keeping a question of citizenship out of the Census.
They want a higher count for Liberal political districts, so including non-citizens is advantages to Democrats.

The count is therefore suppressed in Conservative districts and elevated in Liberal districts.

Distribution of tax dollars and number of political representatives are established based on the census.

Not completing the census if you live in a Conservative district hurts conservatives, as it is directly tied to political representation and return of tax dollars to your district.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
Problem with the census, is that we have allowed Liberals to input intrusive questions that Conservatives will not want to answer.

Notice as of late, Democrats have succeeded in keeping a question of citizenship out of the Census.
They want a higher count for Liberal political districts, so including non-citizens is advantages to Democrats.

The count is therefore suppressed in Conservative districts and elevated in Liberal districts.

Distribution of tax dollars and number of political representatives are established based on the census.

Not completing the census if you live in a Conservative district hurts conservatives, as it is directly tied to political representation and return of tax dollars to your district.
However, reporting the number of residents is all that is necessary for those purposes. (Nevertheless, I did answer all the few questions. I do a lot of genealogy and the names and ages of persons in the Censuses are a very big help.)

It is true that various government agencies have access to the Census data, but the general public does not. Census records are not opened to the public until 72 years have passed (the last one released was for 1940--I just made it onto that one.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
Seemed quite short compared to the 2010 census. Maybe 7 questions to answer or so.

Posts: 1059 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
^^^^. And since it went in the trash they’ll send someone out.

Well, probably not this year...I guess there are some positives to this whole virus thing. I just answered "American" to all the race and ethnicity questions, because it's true.

Posts: 8540 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would not want to be a US Census Worker going door-to-door in a month or so.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I’ve decided not to send it in. Nor will I take a phone call. If they want to find out how many people live in my house they can damned well drive over.

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a fascinating web site that lists all of the questions that were asked in previous census years. Actually, the current census asks far fewer questions than were asked during the 1800's census's. For example, the 1880 census asked how many "idiots" live at your address? I kid you not. https://www.census.gov/history.../index_of_questions/

Posts: 1049 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Didn't seem too bad this time.
Anywhere there was an option for "don't know", "unknown" that's what they got.

Posts: 9493 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Other than asking your nationality there is not much on it. I selected white and typed in American.

I dont have a problem with it.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
For the OP:
The Constitution states a census to be performed to enumerate the people. Since then, starting in the early 1800's, congress has passed laws to increase the types of questions to be asked during the decentennial census and other types of census performed by the dept of Commerce.

Posts: 832 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
The attitude of many of you as well as the general misinformation at times regarding the census is surprising.

It's not some big conspiracy to do WHAT I have no idea? Find out WHO and WHERE we all are? So what!

The tin foil has BS here is starting to get old.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is a fascinating web site that lists all of the questions that were asked in previous census years. Actually, the current census asks far fewer questions than were asked during the 1800's census's. For example, the 1880 census asked how many "idiots" live at your address? I kid you not.

^^^^^^^
Idiot is not PC these days.LOL It was however a correct psychological term used to define an adult functioning on less than a two year old level. Moron was the appropriate term for a somewhat higher IQ.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ The next Census will have this question, "How many snowflakes live in this household?"

Q

Posts: 26343 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post