SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) Withholding Surveillance Videos Of Crime To Avoid ‘Stereotypes’
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) Withholding Surveillance Videos Of Crime To Avoid ‘Stereotypes’ Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
1. It's California

2. It's the San Francisco Bay Area of California

SNAFU

If there are no further questions, we'll return to our regularly scheduled programming. Aw-iight?

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
If and when a person who is at least part White defends himself with a gun, we know what the response will be. Therefore, it IS against the law to defend yourself in this area.

To defend yourself would be racist. Roll Eyes

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
Nothing is going to change until we start shooting these fuckers. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Shoot the MF'r and walk away. You were afraid for your life which is why you shot in the first place and fear continued after the shooting so you left. You thought the mob was going to come after you. Avoid going to your car if possible and try to blend in somewhere else.

Excellent advice.

But, if you're caught on camera and they find and get you, AND you can prove the point that you were in fear for your life, they will still get you for carrying a firearm without a CCW - which IS impossible to obtain here.

Further, as we witnessed with George Zimmerman, the media will hound you for the rest of your days, lying and mis-characterizing your every word, thought and deed.

With the Liberal judges and the extremely liberal media supporting the Black community no matter what their members do, you have to wonder which is worse: Taking a beat down, or being George Zimmermaned.

A choice some will have to make oneday. You are correct in what you say and I understand but at some point in time, law abiding citizens are going to have to do what needs to be done. We cannot count on the government or the msm to help us.

Posts: 5732 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:
Hamill responded, ....we would certainly face questions as to why we were ...perpetuating false stereotypes in the process.”

Maybe the stereotypes are not false.

It is more fundamental than that. If it is photos of an actual event, it is just a factual record. A viewer may absorb it into a stereotype or even create one, but standing alone, it is just a record of reality.

This is more chilling than Newspeak. They aren't just suppressing negative concepts, they are suppressing the fact itself.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:....This is more chilling than Newspeak. They aren't just suppressing negative concepts, they are suppressing the fact itself.

But they are doing it for our own good. Because we are not enlightened enough, and can't be trusted, to process the facts and choose properly. One day the people will realize CA had it right. Wink Roll Eyes

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
This is more chilling than Newspeak. They aren't just suppressing negative concepts, they are suppressing the fact itself.

They are suppressing bad fact to support good thought.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Is BART a government entity. Their website looks to be .gov.

Could this not be made available with an FOIA request.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am confused. BART officials say they wont release the video because they want to protect juveniles/minors police records. How would they know if the assailant is under the age of 18? They look at the video of a young black male and say he looks "young" so we must protect their police record??

Maybe BART officials need to start working nightclubs cause they can spot underage people just by looking at a video, NO ID needed.

Posts: 183 | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:

BART is a multi-county agency that is funded via taxes from each of the counties their trains service. BART LEO are sworn peace officers in the State of CA.

BART LE has been under fire for quite some time, from their poor training and implementation of Tazers (see Off.Johannes Mehserle), their reputation as a retirement community for LEO, to this stupidity, where their chief is involved with trying to suppress this news.

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bart police is a joke. I have taken Bart everyday from the Dublin station to downtown SF for 12 years. I have more BART parking tickets than times I have ever seen a Bart cop on a train. They cruise around the parking lot and hang in the station but they sure as hell don't chase fare jumpers or roust bums on the trains. Weekly i see fare jumpers and they are almost exclusively black men, jumping the gates often right in front of the Bart cops.

And the bums sleeping on the trains with all their worldly goods. The stench is amazing and they are often on the train at 6 am or earlier sleeping and taking up an entire row of seats. Nobody is going to roust a bum so they can get a seat on a packed train and have some mental deficient go crazy on them. I've seen it for years. Business commuters give them a wide berth but never a cop to roust them. Then they There was some bizarre and still not very clear episode of some plain clothes Bart cops shooting each other during a warrant search of some suspects house. Becuse transit cops execute warrant searches on a regular basis? Too much pride to have the local OD or sherrif help out. dead cop was result, shot by his jumpy partner. The new years eve shooting a decade ago has been beat to death.

During commute time people are packed in those trains like a sardine can and I can't see anything like this happeneing. Sometimes though I have a medical or dental appointment and I don't get on the train till around 11am. There's some shady ass dudes trolling around those trains. Now I'm a 6-1 250# guy and I generally get left alone. Also sometimes coming home very late like if i go to a Giants game coming home around 11pm can be a bit unnerving. I strongly believe one of these days soon some hoodloom is gonna pick the wrong train to play Jesse James train robbery on and is gonna catch some lead and nobody except the BLM crew and their ilk is gonna care.

Lastly I can't see how this doesn't expose BART to even more liability, basically saying they KNOW about the problem but won't do anything. When something really terrible happens they will be sued and the taxpayers as always are on the hook and the 300k a year pension leach executive management just goes along like nothing is wrong

Posts: 4737 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro: I strongly believe one of these days soon some hoodlum is gonna pick the wrong train to play Jesse James train robbery on and is gonna catch some lead and nobody except the BLM crew and their ilk is gonna care.

I agree with everything you said, except ^^^ this line. ^^^

That's THE problem. Like you said, some hoodlum is gonna earn himself a lead medal for his actions. But, my oh my - that's when we're going to hear about what a saint he was; we'll see pictures of him when he was five years old; the media will talk about how White racism against Blacks is still alive and well; and the poor guy who defended his own life will be made out to be the leader of the KKK who lives and breathes solely for the dream of killing poor innocent Black people.

If you're a White male living in one of the USA's communist cities like the Bay Area, it is open season on you. And, woe unto the White person who dares defend himself!

quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
To defend yourself would be racist. Roll Eyes

This is not hyperbole. It is just the plain truth.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Hamill responded, “If we were to regularly feed the news media video of crimes on our system that involve minority suspects, particularly when they are minors, we would certainly face questions as to why we were sensationalizing relatively minor crimes and perpetuating false stereotypes in the process.”

No, that is not perpetuating a false stereo typing, it is informing the public of who is committing the crime on BART and who the public should be wary of.
Exactly! The stereotype is not false if it merely publishes the facts. The truth is that these acts are NOT being performed by blonde, blue-eyed youths from Iceland.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
This calls for a modern hero of the people.
Like, say, Paul Kersey.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
amill responded, “If we were to regularly feed the news media video of crimes on our system that involve minority suspects, particularly when they are minors, we would certainly face questions as to why we were sensationalizing relatively minor crimes and perpetuating false stereotypes in the process.”

Hmmm.......You and I hear "minor" crimes and we think lesser value thefts and property damage such as graffiti. I bet their definition of a "minor" is on a sliding scale. For example; a minor crime as classified by BART might be assault by fists/kicks but no deadly weapon or serious injury requiring a stay in ICU or strong arm robbery, unless it happens to someone "important". But then again none of the elites would be on the train in the first.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:

I was thinking the same. Stop all public funding until they comply.

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
That is just astounding.

No surprise to me. Kalifornistan has been heading in this direction for years!

Ignore, cover up, etc TRUTH in journalism or public knowledge has become the watchword for those shit holes.

Still recommend that the southern part of kalifornistan withdraw from the union. Call themselves something like, "People's Republic of Kalifornistan". PRK, yeah, that sounds about right.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Thank goodness I did my tourist trip to San Francisco 20 years ago. I never need to go back - not that we were foolish enough to use BART even back then.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The truth hurts. Let these fools try their shell game. The shit is only going to get worse in that Hell hole of a state. Much, much worse. I'm actually glad that these imbeciles are running the show out there.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I want things to get worse more quickly. Then the truth gets revealed for many things.

Then the idiot left will either have to accept the suffering consequences or change their polices and votes.

If former, lost cause and I'll leave. If latter, then maybe finally the tree of liberty here can be revitalized and made healthy again.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Simple facts have no racial bias idiot. People will form their own educated opinions based on fact. Like the fact you are a racist twat.

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1116 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post