SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer is bad and glorifying bullying should be pulled off of tv
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer is bad and glorifying bullying should be pulled off of tv Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Also heard that some stations are pulling "Baby It's Cold Outside," from the radio because of complaints like The Daily Beast's that it's "everyone's favorite date-rape holiday classic."
Wash Post

See Lawrence Wright, The Looming Tower.
You can date all the madness of Islamist fanaticism to Sayyid Qutb watching couples dance to that at a church social in the 1950's.

Posts: 18064 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
Ever notice that all newer "Christmas movies" make Christmas seem like the most stressful time of the year? Any movie made after, say, 2000, depicts a culture that would seemingly be so much more relaxed and peaceful if it just weren't for this ridiculous holiday season. I recently heard a 20-something clerk in a retail store refer to it as "The Silly Season." Is it "silly" to thoroughly enjoy shopping for gifts for the ones you love and looking forward to them being thrilled with their presents when they open them?

I know I'm getting to be an old codger, but I'm going to say it anyway: I remember when Christmas was the most wonderful time of the year - and not just for kids, but for everyone.

as someone who works retails, and spent 35 yrs in the grocery business, by saying silly she was being nice,

most folks are decent people, taking the holiday in stride and enjoying it like you are,

however , some live for the drama, and have other issues,

when I was a grocery store manager, it was common to be cussed out at least once a week cause I personally ruined someone's christmas because of something stupid,

what, you don't have white lily flour in stock,,, (but do have 6 other brands), you ruined my christmas,

what, you only have 4pks of AAA batteries, not 40 paks, you just ruined my christmas

my favorite, when I was a meat guy, was the lady that handed me a frozen turkey,
she wanted it deboned, then, so she could cook it the way some famous chef on TV said would be freaking awesome,

and she did not understand why I could not debone a frozen turkey right now, since the famous TV chef said your friendly local butcher (that was apparently me) would be happy to do it for you,,

she went away unhappy, and I ruined her christmas cause she did not want to cough up the cash for a fresh bird, that I gladly offered to debone for her,,

sorry for the rant

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Here a new parody version of Baby It's Cold Outside.

https://twitter.com/MamaReg2/s.../1072182835904241665

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
Here a new parody version of Baby It's Cold Outside.

That's funny.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post