SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gun prices.....”these are great days we’re living, bros”
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun prices.....”these are great days we’re living, bros” Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted
I don’t know about you guys but for me gun prices are currently at an all time low. I started buying guns in 2006 and paid more for my first new Glock 11 years ago then I would today. Right now you can get a Beretta pico for $119. A J frame for $320. The first 642 I bought circa 2007 cost me almost $500.

....we are jolly green giants walking the earth, with guns” Big Grin

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Almost as good as ammo prices. I stocked up on m193 and have some 8M3 on the way. Now if only night vision would have a similar market.

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I just picked up the new M&P compact for $460 out the door. Tritium sights and an extra mag included.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I just bought a Keltec Sub2000 Glock 19 gen 2 for $339. I had the Gen 1 8-9 years ago and paid $500.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
The holiday season is just around the corner and prices should be I Hope a Little better.

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Black Friday sales are the best prices of the year Smile

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10490 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:
Black Friday sales are the best prices of the year Smile

That's what I'm waiting for!

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I bought 4 M&P 2.0's and a TiRant 9M this week. Crazy how good prices are.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I don’t know about you guys but for me gun prices are currently at an all time low. I started buying guns in 2006 and paid more for my first new Glock 11 years ago then I would today. Right now you can get a Beretta pico for $119. A J frame for $320. The first 642 I bought circa 2007 cost me almost $500.

I’d like to know where you found a Pico for $119. I can’t find it for that cheap even if I factor in the rebate.

Posts: 4106 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrvmax:
quote:

I’d like to know where you found a Pico for $119. I can’t find it for that cheap even if I factor in the rebate.

To clarify the $119 is after rebate

https://gun.deals/product/bere...-100-mir?mobile=true

Also if anyone wants a New sub $600 Sig 226R in 40 non CPO

https://gun.deals/product/fact...-121-569?mobile=true

Picture of Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
I recently bought a SCAR 17 for a crazy good price. It is a buyers market for sure. Will be picking up more ammo over the next few months.

Posts: 728 | Location: Middle (of nowhere) Georgia  | Registered: December 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dusty!

Was looking for a second Pico and was about to pay $30 more if it had not been for your post.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just bought a Keltec Sub2000 Glock 19 gen 2 for $339. I had the Gen 1 8-9 years ago and paid $500.

I bought a Sub 2000 Gen 2 Glock 17 for $325 about a month ago. So glad I waited!

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree totally. I paid around $600 for a NIB Beretta 92 back in 1988. You can get them now for around $475.

Of course ARs are crazy affordable now as we all know...

---------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrvmax:
quote:

I bought one at Bud's online for $195 with free shipping. My FFL gets $25 in addition. I paid $2 to insure it. MY net in my hands is $172. My first one a few years earlier was $329 plus 6% tax locally.

Posts: 1931 | Location: S.E. Michigan/Macomb County | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess a lot of you just have not been in the gun game that long! While I agree prices are the best they have been in the last ten years or so, I can say some prices do not come close to comparing what I experienced in the early 1980’s- good used smith revolvers under $150, usgi 1911’s around 400, Winchester 97 shotguns under $200. This was a few years before glocks even hit the market! And back then a new glock was under $300.
In context relative to the typical salary of today however the cost of a good solid gun ( expressed as a percentage of average income) is much lower than it has ever been.
While modern using type guns are indeed cheaper than ever, the value and cost of old classics continues to climb

Posts: 3288 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by captain127:
I guess a lot of you just have not been in the gun game that long! While I agree prices are the best they have been in the last ten years or so, I can say some prices do not come close to comparing what I experienced in the early 1980’s- good used smith revolvers under $150, usgi 1911’s around 400, Winchester 97 shotguns under $200. This was a few years before glocks even hit the
market! And back then a new glock was under $300.
In context relative to the typical salary of today however the cost of a good solid gun ( expressed as a percentage of average income) is much lower than it has ever been.
While modern using type guns are indeed cheaper than ever, the value and cost of old classics continues to climb

Kids these days!

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sauer Kraut:
I recently bought a SCAR 17 for a crazy good price. It is a buyers market for sure. Will be picking up more ammo over the next few months.

I just started looking at these, Whats a GOOD price?

Posts: 4625 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
PSA AR's for $460. Been tempting to pick a couple up but I already have one.

I'm pretty decent on ammo right now for ball and JHP; and have about 50 PMAGS and 10 pistol mags for each pistol.

But I still have a wish list:

Dan Wesson 4.25" 1911
Sig Nightmare Carry in .357 SIG
.38/.357 lever action

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post