SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tucker Carlson Calls Out Matt Drudge
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tucker Carlson Calls Out Matt Drudge Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
It’s about time Tucker took notice of this, it’s been like 2 years now that Matt Drudge has morphed into something very much left leaning. It’s ALL “Orange Man Bad” 24/7/365 now.

My theory? Donald Trump promised Matt Drudge something early on but it never materialized and he got very butthurt over it all and turned on Trump:

quote:

Tucker Carlson: 'Matt Drudge is now firmly a man of the progressive left'

The Hill
July 25, 2020

Tucker Carlson called Matt Drudge "firmly a man of the progressive left," with the conservative Fox News host comparing the Drudge Report founder to The Daily Beast or "any other woke propaganda outlet posing as a news company" during his program on Friday night.

"For decades, Matt Drudge was one of the most influential figures in conservative news journalism," Carlson said in an interview with Matthew Lysiak, the author of a new biography on Drudge. "His self-titled Drudge Report broke news and set priorities in digital media. Republican presidential candidates made wooing the famously secretive Drudge a high priority, and for several of them, including Donald Trump, it paid off big."

"But if you've seen the Drudge Report recently, you know that it has changed dramatically, 180 degrees. Matt Drudge is now firmly a man of the progressive left. At times, his site is indistinguishable from The Daily Beast or any other woke propaganda outlet posing as a news company."

Many prominent supporters of President Trump have grown increasingly agitated with the Drudge Report's direction in recent months, as it has taken a noticeable turn after being staunchly in Trump's corner leading up to and after the 2016 election.

Trump allies such as Fox News contributor Dan Bongino have been fiercely critical of Drudge. Bongino founded the Bongino Report as a counter to the Drudge Report in December 2019.

"Drudge has abandoned you. I NEVER will. Check out, and bookmark, the Bongino Report today," Bongino tweeted to his 1.3 million followers on the day of his site's launch...

Link

Posts: 33757 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Who owns the Drudge website? I got the impression he sold it. But as usual, I could be wrong.

Posts: 7348 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
My theory? Donald Trump promised Matt Drudge something early on but it never materialized and he got very butthurt over it all and turned on Trump:

That's possible but...
I think he (they ) only care about generating traffic/revenue and wanted to expand the people who regularly visit the site. It would be interesting to see how many clicks they get now compared to 4-8 years ago.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24055 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
I had the Drudge Report as my homepage on all of my personal computers and work computers from day one. About 2 years ago, i started noticing a direction change and finally 86ed the homepage and the link in my favorites.

I used to listen to his radio show, but not on a regular basis. There was just something about him that didn't allow me to tune in regularly.

It is sad because I used to be set each day with what was going on due to his site, but for whatever reason, the dark side has grown strong in him.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1164 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
The guy who wrote the book on the show hinted that he still owns it. He just cares about money and clicks. I've been going to https://thelibertydaily.com/

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Carlson calling out Drudge? Gee man, you're a little late, aren't you?

Q

Posts: 26337 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Rarely go to Drudge anymore. I have several very well run substitutes that I visit daily. Drudge has fallen from grace like Megan Kelly and Glenn Beck. They stopped dancing with the ones what brung 'em.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29682 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rasmussen reports said Drudge was sold back in 2019.

But they had not reported any details.

https://disrn.com/news/rasmuss...ing-for-confirmation

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Drudge sold it last year.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
This seems to be another example of the old saying, "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything." Or, put another way, when you look at the Bill Kristols, George Wills and Matt Drudges, you'll find that ultimately it is less about principle and more about principal.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Fuck 'em.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Carlson calling out Drudge? Gee man, you're a little late, aren't you?
The article linked in the OP is from 7/25, the topic is being raised now because of this somewhat recent interview/article from The Hill, but I've seen/heard Tucker discuss Drudge on his show well prior to that date.

I don't remember there being a big kerfuffle raised when he mentioned it, probably early this year. I'm sure if I searched YT it's out there... If memory serves, Tucker was interviewing Bongino, back when he was launching The Bongino Report site.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6209 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
The guy who wrote the book on the show hinted that he still owns it. He just cares about money and clicks. I've been going to https://thelibertydaily.com/

Thanks for that link. I'll give it a whirl.

Posts: 3239 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It's looking like a new law of the universe here:

"Get Woke, Go Broke" Big Grin

Boooo Hoooo

Drudge Report Continues Historic Readership Collapse, Down 40% Year Over Year In August

Posts: 33757 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Mark Levin suggests rumor is CBS may have part ownership in the Drudge Report, nothing to verify that.

PJW asks the same questions, has no answers --

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5tLEwOJqLE

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wondered. I had heard a couple things the drudge report put out and I thought WTheck?

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post