SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bisleyblackhawk AWOL from the forum for over a month...here’s why
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bisleyblackhawk AWOL from the forum for over a month...here’s why Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Whoa, do you consider yourself unlucky for having it happen, or really lucky for having survived what would been fatal without the EMT’s and the rest of the help?

You don’t mention it, but are you on a blood thinner? That would have worsened the blood loss.
I’m sure the EMT’s ED docs etc. consider you a “great save”!

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Best wishes and a prayer for you.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
BisleyBlackHawk, you are one smart, tough son of a gun.

God bless you, my friend.

And War Eagle!

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Mother of pearl! Thank heavens you're ok.

And thank you for keeping us in the loop. Goodness, we almost lost a good one.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Good grief! Glad you’re on the mend! That’s some scary stuff, man. Hope your recovery gets faster and easier each day.

I had more or less the same thing happen, but thankfully it didn’t go quite that bad. It could have. I had been sitting on the floor, working on something and stood up too fast. I woke up on my back undearneath the aquarium stand with the 25 gallons of glass box filled with water and rocks merrily sloshing away above me. Thank God the aquarium didn’t fall on my head while I was out. I was home alone; it would’ve been the end. It was like a scenario from a Final Destination flick.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No family? We’re getting way too old for what you’ve been through Bisley. Glad you let us know why you were absent. Slow down & take it easy!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Yeesh! That's wild. Glad you're on the mend and still with us!

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3583 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you are a lucky Man. Can you try and not do anymore damage before 2020. Glad you are still here.

Posts: 2862 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Geezus! What a scary story. Glad you are on the mend.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Whoa, do you consider yourself unlucky for having it happen, or really lucky for having survived what would been fatal without the EMT’s and the rest of the help?

You don’t mention it, but are you on a blood thinner? That would have worsened the blood loss.
I’m sure the EMT’s ED docs etc. consider you a “great save”!

Plavex and an aspirin...since the stent was installed in my carotid artery after the stroke back on April 16th. I do feel blessed Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear what you went through. It's good that you survived and are doing better!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Glad you're back with us. Smile

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Don't do that again!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Welcome back and glad your on the mend.

Posts: 18016 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Take an EMT to the range with you, will you please? Big Grin
We almost lost you last time, don’t want to go through that again!

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad you were clear enough to summon help, who knows what could of happened.

If your alone, think about Life Alert, or something similar! Many times you can get lower costs through County Services.

Maybe put down the bottle Big Grin

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Glad your healing, you are a tough old bird!
Consider getting another cell or and old one to leave upstairs . No service needed to call 911.

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Good to hear you are on the mend. My neighbor had a similar incident riding his bike. Took a tumble on meds after his stroke and painted everything red.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I don't know if I should call you lucky or unlucky, but I'm glad you're still with us.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
Holy smokes! Glad you made it through and wish you the best in your recovery.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4870 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post