SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SpaceX Is Making it Look Easy
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SpaceX Is Making it Look Easy Login/Join 
Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
Those guys are really good at math and stuff.

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2242 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
SpaceX FTW!!! Awesome!!!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
So what is the big deal? The last two North Korean ICBMs have returned to and landed on their launch platform....

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Awesome to see the next generation rockets. Growing up watching Apollo, then Shuttle, and now SpaceX is great.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Ok now I am impressed.....freaking coool

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
My wife doesn't believe that the rocket was able to land back on the launch pad. She watched the video 5x.

Posts: 5301 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
That is incredibly impressive. WOW.

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 782 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Very impressive!

Posts: 13811 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Seeing those landing is like watching the imposable.

We should just send that video to NK everyday.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16397 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
oh, I'm sure SLUFF (no offense to the airplane) has seen it and is trying to figure out why his toys can't do that

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Wonder what the MOA is on that?

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:
Wonder what the MOA is on that?

More like CEP, and less than a meter I'd say.

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2242 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blueye:
My wife doesn't believe that the rocket was able to land back on the launch pad. She watched the video 5x.

Well, she's correct. It didn't land at the launch pad. The landing pad is about 10 miles away from the launch pad.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Growing up watching Apollo, then Shuttle, and now SpaceX is great.

Hell, I grew up watching the Mercury program.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
That is impressive anyway you look at it. I watched the Apollo program as a kid. It is good to see what the space program can do with modern technology applied to it.

Posts: 728 | Location: Middle (of nowhere) Georgia  | Registered: December 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
My niece's husband is an engineer for SpaceX. She is working on her PhD in math. I have a feeling their kids will be smarter than their great uncle.

And yea, SpaceX does make it look easy.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
How far down range had it traveled, and thus have to fly / glide back?

I'm guessing they have a better computer now working on this than that calculator sized one NASA went to the moon with. Big Grin

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
That's awesome!

I'm kinda more excited about Hyperloop though.

Posts: 11164 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I just watched the webcast of the latest launch from Vandenberg coming only 48 hours after a launch at Canaveral. When the first stage came back for a successful landing, there was a smattering of applause from a minimal group of on-lookers. I went back and watched the first successful landing, back in December 2015, and there is thunderous applause from a packed building. Oh how times have changed. But this is precisely where we should be going, where successful launches and landings come more frequently and with less worry about mishaps.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
the reason why there weren't as many people at Hawthorne for the Sunday launch is that most of them drove up to Vandenburg which is about 180 miles north to watch the launch in person

they haven't had many west coast launches and this was a good chance for most of them

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post