SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ridgeline Saga - Happy Ending ***Update***
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ridgeline Saga - Happy Ending ***Update*** Login/Join 
Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Suppressed:
Did you check for Technical Service bulletins for your truck? Our 2012 Odyssey had a TSB that said the piston rings were defective on three of the cylinders. Honda fixed the problem under warranty.

Same here. The check engine light came on and the dealer said 3 bad piston rings. I about died. Honda took care of it though and I wasn’t out a penny.

Posts: 1516 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I had serious doubts about the car and it just being a bad cylinder. It could also be head issue but there is no way without pulling it apart. They ended up giving me a quick appraisal for $9000 and it's worth $12-14,000 private sale. I'm going to see if they will do $10,000 on trade and meet my price on a 2017 Pilot.

The great news is it's a black Friday sale and also happy Honda days so I hope they will play ball. I have my 2nd baby on the way and the Ridgeline would be too tight with two car seats anyway.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Great success!

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nframe:
Nice!

Pics of the new ride!?

My wife loves her 2013 Pilot and her boss has a new Pilot that he drives the wheels off of and it just keeps going.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
***UPDATE***
Instead of trying to temporarily fix the truck and pawn it off, we traded in to the dealer that did the inspection. I got more than I owed on the trade even with a bad engine and also picked up a 2017 Pilot EX-L AWD Res. It's my first new car and awesome!

Congratulations on the new ride! Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FWIW my wife's 2012 MDX burns oil, but not enough yet for them to do anything about it. Thank God we have the 100k warranty. I haven't started fighting yet since there's still another 2 years/30k miles to go. I'll never own another Honda product again.

to the op glad it worked out for you.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the Pilot.
Any reason you went for that over another Ridgeline?

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Congrats on the Pilot.

Maybe because:
"I have my 2nd baby on the way and the Ridgeline would be too tight with two car seats anyway."

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Congrats on the Pilot.

Maybe because:
"I have my 2nd baby on the way and the Ridgeline would be too tight with two car seats anyway."

Reading comprehension > me. Thanks.
Missed that the first time through.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Thanks, it's a beauty. AirmanJeff, I understand you completely and I know for the Ridgeline it was a freak thing. I just didn't want to fight for them to repair it since I had at least $2000 in tires, 105k service and brakes to do anyway. Most newer cars are burning more oil because they are using softer rings for better gas mileage, this includes your luxury cars. That's why I got the extended warranty for 8 years or 120k miles. I'm going to beat the crap out of it and make them fix it.

P250UA5, yes, mainly the lack of room. This thing has a big enough 3rd row for me and I'm 6'1" 205lbs. Also having the rear entertainment center, 3 zone AC, remote start, and all that little stuff makes it a much better road trip vehicle. To top it all of, the Pilot has the same tow rating and a smarter AWD system than my Ridgeline had. Another perk is 18 city 26 mpg highway vs 15 and 20 for the Ridgeline while having more power and torque.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your new Pilot! Basically it’s the new Ridgeline with more seating in place of a bed.

Oil consumption is something to be aware of with newer cars. I’ve been checking the level on my Ridgeline and so far after 2,300 miles it hasn’t dropped.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xa1kqSo3aeM

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7097 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post