SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Raytheon/F-35 Website
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Raytheon/F-35 Website Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted

I thought this was pretty cool. Raytheon promotional information on both the aircraft and its weapons load-out (from Raytheon). Pictures, a few videos and a graphic of the initial contract for A, B, and C models of the aircraft.

F-35 Program by Raytheon

Click on the "Gallery" near the bottom of the page for more than just pictures. Also links to further information and a few videos.

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
I saw and heard four of them take off from Hill today. I love that sound. It never gets old.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Funny that one of Lockheed Martin’s biggest competitors is featuring their product! Big Grin

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
They certainly look awesome.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Funny that one of Lockheed Martin’s biggest competitors is featuring their product! Big Grin
Not really, Raytheon isn't in the airplane building business. Boeing was their competitor.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
RHINOWSO, one of the F35's I saw today had wingtip vortices, but the others did not. That F35 was rolling a bit more than the others. Were the wing vortices a function of speed? It was sure awesome to watch.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
RHINOWSO, one of the F35's I saw today had wingtip vortices, but the others did not. That F35 was rolling a bit more than the others. Were the wing vortices a function of speed? It was sure awesome to watch.

It's a combination of speed, humidity, angle of attack (angle the plane is flying). Sometimes it doesn't take much, but I'm not familiar with the F-35 other than doing some operations with them CONUS, but we never get close enough to see them up close.

Different designs do it more / less and from different locations. In the Hornet / Superhornet the LEX (Leading Edge Extensions) made them often under high AoA, as well as the wingtips. But sometimes the wingtips would do it at relatively low speed / AoA when it was humid enough.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Thank you, RHINOWSO.

Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Not nearly as cool looking as the F-14.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I got a tour of the F35 production line recently. It was an awesome experience.

Posts: 5733 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post