SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is it ok to post a bit of humor?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is it ok to post a bit of humor? Login/Join 
easy money
posted
Hello!

I am a huge fan of this forum, almost always lurk daily. And while my daily carry gun is a Glock 43, I am a fan of all things firearm related, regardless of brand. I like the tone here, the no bullshit attitude of the place and it’s members, and the genuine way in which people here help & support one another. As a bonus, I routinely learn new stuff while perusing. It’s my belief that one primary reason this place rocks is because of the leadership behind the scenes. I’ve never met Para, but every time I see this picture, I think this may be what he looks like:

https://ibb.co/N2FPb8d

I can only imagine the stress associated with managing a forum like this!

This is being posted with the intention of being fun - as a bit of humor - I hope it is received as intended! If it is offensive, I will delete it.

Thank you,

Jim

That which doesn't kill you only makes you stronger

Posts: 576 | Location: United States | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
A black eagle, eh?

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I always picture Para as a Clint Eastwood type...

Tell me punk, Do you feel lucky Cool

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3456 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Agreed, Clint Eastwood is my guess....

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zapfire:
People here are always serious, they don't like to laugh, I've got a ton of jokes to post but....i just don't bother.

That's a good one. I LOL'ed. See?

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ No, I can't see you laugh from here. I'll have to take your word for it. Wink

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
^^^ No, I can't see you laugh from here. I'll have to take your word for it. Wink

Oriental Redneck cannot lie. Razz

Q

Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
People here are always serious, they don't like to laugh, I've got a ton of jokes to post but....i just don't bother.

I like to laugh. I laugh all the time. What you talking about?

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
quote:

Plus no sarcasm, don't forget that.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
It's all covered in The Waiver. June 2019, Platinum Members, by request, Ultimate Unrated, Director's Cut, preview Edition.

The one with the weird covers and the Moderators signatures.

If you don't have the required 5000 posts to receive this, ask your Membership Supervisor for a glimpse of his/her/non binary gender copy.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim1970:

I’ve never met Para, but every time I see this picture, I think this may be what he looks like:

https://ibb.co/N2FPb8d
Really? I always pictured him looking more like this.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I can find it now, but I seem to recall that Para once posted a picture of himself - at least a younger version of himself from his photojournalism days. If I remember correctly, he was neither black nor redheaded and freckled.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by zapfire:

Funny? Like how? You mean I'm like a clown? You mean I make you laugh? That kind of funny?

Posts: 282 | Location: Central PA | Registered: November 11, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I always imagine someone more like this...

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Av8nShooter:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by zapfire:

Funny? Like how? You mean I'm like a clown? You mean I make you laugh? That kind of funny?

Ha! One of the best scenes in one of the greatest movies, ever. Big Grin

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Para does have a sense of humor. His humor is how I earned my CUT in near record time. (Long story)

Since I have passed into the 10 year "earned CUT" window I have questioned wether or not I'd like to change it. I believe I'll keep it as I have not seen Para award many new CUTs recently. I like having one from the Boss.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
I always thought he was a somewhat swarthy Italian guy. After all, his people trod the Appian Way!

- Bret

Posts: 2461 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
This is the internet. He could be an 18 year old Asian chic for all we know. Wink

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
This is the internet. He could be an 18 year old Asian chic for all we know. Wink

Only flaw with this logic is I joined in 2004, which would have made him/her a 4 year old Asian Chick.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
I like having one from the Boss.

I do as well, though I think someone may have suggested it after I made the observation in a thread.

I suspect, but do not know, that the ones that are all lower case originate from the same "source" and are a way for him to differentiate. Hmmmmmmmm, inquiring minds. Confused

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post