SIGforum
Is it ok to post a bit of humor?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/1180038854

July 11, 2019, 10:35 PM
Jim1970
Is it ok to post a bit of humor?
Hello!

I am a huge fan of this forum, almost always lurk daily. And while my daily carry gun is a Glock 43, I am a fan of all things firearm related, regardless of brand. I like the tone here, the no bullshit attitude of the place and it’s members, and the genuine way in which people here help & support one another. As a bonus, I routinely learn new stuff while perusing. It’s my belief that one primary reason this place rocks is because of the leadership behind the scenes. I’ve never met Para, but every time I see this picture, I think this may be what he looks like:

https://ibb.co/N2FPb8d

I can only imagine the stress associated with managing a forum like this!

This is being posted with the intention of being fun - as a bit of humor - I hope it is received as intended! If it is offensive, I will delete it.

Thank you,

Jim

That which doesn't kill you only makes you stronger
July 11, 2019, 10:52 PM
A black eagle, eh?

Q

July 11, 2019, 11:21 PM
PR64
I always picture Para as a Clint Eastwood type...

Tell me punk, Do you feel lucky Cool

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat
July 11, 2019, 11:23 PM
sig77
Agreed, Clint Eastwood is my guess....

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.
July 11, 2019, 11:33 PM
quote:
Originally posted by zapfire:
People here are always serious, they don't like to laugh, I've got a ton of jokes to post but....i just don't bother.

That's a good one. I LOL'ed. See?

Q

July 12, 2019, 12:36 AM
Excam_Man
^^^ No, I can't see you laugh from here. I'll have to take your word for it. Wink

July 12, 2019, 01:11 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
^^^ No, I can't see you laugh from here. I'll have to take your word for it. Wink

Oriental Redneck cannot lie. Razz

Q

July 12, 2019, 05:40 AM
Bassamatic
quote:
People here are always serious, they don't like to laugh, I've got a ton of jokes to post but....i just don't bother.

I like to laugh. I laugh all the time. What you talking about?

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.
July 12, 2019, 06:21 AM
HayesGreener
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
quote:

Plus no sarcasm, don't forget that.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)
July 12, 2019, 06:39 AM
0-0
It's all covered in The Waiver. June 2019, Platinum Members, by request, Ultimate Unrated, Director's Cut, preview Edition.

The one with the weird covers and the Moderators signatures.

If you don't have the required 5000 posts to receive this, ask your Membership Supervisor for a glimpse of his/her/non binary gender copy.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20
July 12, 2019, 08:14 AM
V-Tail
quote:
Originally posted by Jim1970:

I’ve never met Para, but every time I see this picture, I think this may be what he looks like:

https://ibb.co/N2FPb8d
Really? I always pictured him looking more like this.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
July 12, 2019, 08:28 AM
ChicagoSigMan
I can find it now, but I seem to recall that Para once posted a picture of himself - at least a younger version of himself from his photojournalism days. If I remember correctly, he was neither black nor redheaded and freckled.
July 12, 2019, 08:29 AM
Av8nShooter
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by zapfire:

Funny? Like how? You mean I'm like a clown? You mean I make you laugh? That kind of funny?
July 12, 2019, 08:51 AM
benny6
I always imagine someone more like this...

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com
July 12, 2019, 09:14 AM
Jimbo54
quote:
Originally posted by Av8nShooter:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by zapfire:

Funny? Like how? You mean I'm like a clown? You mean I make you laugh? That kind of funny?

Ha! One of the best scenes in one of the greatest movies, ever. Big Grin

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird
July 12, 2019, 12:11 PM
rsbolo
Para does have a sense of humor. His humor is how I earned my CUT in near record time. (Long story)

Since I have passed into the 10 year "earned CUT" window I have questioned wether or not I'd like to change it. I believe I'll keep it as I have not seen Para award many new CUTs recently. I like having one from the Boss.

July 12, 2019, 12:15 PM
sadlerbw
I always thought he was a somewhat swarthy Italian guy. After all, his people trod the Appian Way!

- Bret
July 12, 2019, 12:21 PM
Ryanp225
This is the internet. He could be an 18 year old Asian chic for all we know. Wink
July 12, 2019, 12:42 PM
sig77
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
This is the internet. He could be an 18 year old Asian chic for all we know. Wink

Only flaw with this logic is I joined in 2004, which would have made him/her a 4 year old Asian Chick.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.
July 12, 2019, 12:51 PM
Georgeair
quote:
I like having one from the Boss.

I do as well, though I think someone may have suggested it after I made the observation in a thread.

I suspect, but do not know, that the ones that are all lower case originate from the same "source" and are a way for him to differentiate. Hmmmmmmmm, inquiring minds. Confused

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02