SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Hunt is on: Film about liberal elites hunting conservatives is uncanceled
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Hunt is on: Film about liberal elites hunting conservatives is uncanceled Login/Join 
posted
https://www.washingtonexaminer...atives-is-uncanceled

A horror movie about liberal elites hunting conservatives for fun will hit theaters after a monthslong delay.

The Hunt, which was promoted as political satire, told the story of a group of "elites" who hunt other people known as "deplorables," ostensibly referring to the nickname given to Trump's supporters by Hillary Clinton during the 2016 campaign. The film was slated to hit theaters in September, but Universal Studios pulled it after the mass shootings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio.

will now hit theaters on March 13, according to a new trailer posted Tuesday.

“It’s probably the most judged movie that’s ever existed that everyone who judged it hadn’t seen,” producer Jason Blum told the Hollywood Reporter. “We weren't going to win the conversation around that, and so it was our decision, in holding hands with Universal, to take the movie off the schedule.”

In August, President Trump shared his thoughts on the movie in the lead-up to its canceled release.

"Liberal Hollywood is Racist at the highest level, and with great Anger and Hate! They like to call themselves 'Elite,' but they are not Elite," the president said on social media. "In fact, it is often the people that they so strongly oppose that are actually the Elite. The movie coming out is made in order to inflame and cause chaos. They create their own violence, and then try to blame others. They are the true Racists, and are very bad for our Country!"

Posts: 12516 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
This will not help their cause!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38566 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
After it was shelved I read a review that said the bubbas win in the end.

Not sure if it is true but if it is then it may help Trump.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Wasn’t this the film that was renamed because the previous title about hunting deplorables was a bit too spicy? Yeah, good luck with this idea in today’s hyper political cancel culture.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21045 | Location: North Carolina  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I guess they want Trump to win. It doesn't even matter if anyone has seen the movie.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17228 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
How are they gonna hunt with dildos & bongs?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:

A better question is WHAT are they going to hunt...

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12737 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
let them put it pout into every theater in the country

and watch who shows up

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53053 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is sad and disgusting at the level hollyweird puts out movies like this,inciting violence with those that don't share your views. It is the mindset like this we need to be wary of constantly. It seems the more some people see things like this or people kill others for their beliefs/rights, the more normal and righteous it will be in their eyes. Obama really did change our country alright for the worse.

Posts: 6830 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Election season is upon us and the visual arts types are trying to sow their dream scenarios into the minds of the gullible. I thought The Hunt was the recent Amazon series The Hunters, nope, just another flick for the wet dreams of liberals. A diverse group of American citizens violently facing 'an enemy from within'

How many more movies and shows, where Nazis are the enemy, hasn't that horse been beaten to death already? How about minions of Mao? Stalin's henchman? Pol Pot's homeboys?

Posts: 14537 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the "deplorables" win in the end, it might be a wake up call to progressives about what would actually happen in a similar real-life scenario.

Posts: 2464 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Election season is upon us and the visual arts types are trying to sow their dream scenarios into the minds of the gullible. I thought The Hunt was the recent Amazon series The Hunters, nope, just another flick for the wet dreams of liberals. A diverse group of American citizens violently facing 'an enemy from

How many more movies and shows, where Nazis are the enemy, hasn't that horse been beaten to death already? How about minions of Mao? Stalin's henchman? Pol Pot's homeboys?
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HBGkjmfIzAw" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

To answer your question, there are those of us finding the threat real and in fact, happening now. It is a clear and present danger.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Putting this movie out in the current environment proves yet again these people are severely mentally ill. As if Trump didn't already have enough wind in his sales, they freely volunteer this.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Can you imagine how the libs would raise hell if the premise was reversed - conservatives hunting progressives?

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16477 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It will tank like every other single "Woke" movie they try to make does.

Posts: 33540 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
On noon talk radio, they were saying they'd watched it, and ironically the 'hunted' were the protagonists, the ones the audience empathized with, and that they won out as the movie ended.

I have no personal knowledge of this film.

Life's been good to me so far

Posts: 15827 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:

A better question is WHAT are they going to hunt...

I dunno.... maybe their President Booty-gig will have some ideas? Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23896 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post