SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Stabbing at the Mall of America
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stabbing at the Mall of America Login/Join 
posted
Funny, but the local paper (link below) does not name the perp.

http://www.startribune.com/sta...f-america/457085353/

As much as I despise the Washington Post, they provide more info and even name the guy. Another Mormon causing trouble...

Police arrested 20-year-old Mahad Abdiaziz Abdirahaman of Minneapolis in the stabbings. He was being held on two counts of first-degree assault and had “superficial” injuries.

Complete article:

https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.746e7e3af968

Two people stabbed while trying to stop a theft at Mall of America, police say

By Amy B Wang November 13 at 10:11 AM

Two people were injured Sunday night after an “interrupted theft” led to a stabbing at the Mall of America, police said — an incident that caused a wave of commotion at the mall, which was already geared up for the holiday season.

The incident took place about 6:45 p.m. Sunday in the men’s department of the Macy’s at the megamall in Bloomington, Minn.

The suspect tried to take something from a customer who had briefly left his belongings inside a first-floor fitting room, Bloomington Police Chief Jeff Potts said at a news conference.

“You know how you go into the fitting room and you change your clothes, you go out maybe to show your family?” Potts told reporters. “It sounds like what happened is, when [the customer] went out to show his family the items that he was trying on, the suspect was back in the fitting room and attempted to take some property.”

Potts added that the suspect was attempting to steal items that belonged to the customer, not things that were property of the department store.

After the customer returned to the fitting room and discovered the attempted theft, the robber pulled out a knife and stabbed the customer, police said.

One of the customer’s family members heard the altercation and intervened, also getting stabbed in the process.

Both victims were taken to a hospital with stab wounds that were not life-threatening, police said.

People who were with the victims subdued the suspect and disarmed him, the authorities said.

Police arrested 20-year-old Mahad Abdiaziz Abdirahaman of Minneapolis in the stabbings. He was being held on two counts of first-degree assault and had “superficial” injuries.

Shortly after the stabbing was reported, several police cars converged on the Macy’s, according to photos taken by local reporters.

Kim Schwieters, who was near the mall-side entrance of Macy’s with her children at the time, told the Minneapolis Star-Tribune that officers began yelling at other shoppers to clear the area and locked down the first floor of the department store after they arrived.

“We saw two cops running toward Macy’s,” Schwieters told the newspaper. “By the time we got to the main area — the men’s department is to the right — more police started running in with their guns drawn. My daughter could see people lying on the ground who had been stabbed.”

One of her daughters, 16-year-old Maddie Schwieters, told KARE 11 that her family was going to visit a mall Santa Claus when the incident took place.

“Usually in the mall you think, ‘Oh, someone got into a fight’ or something,” Maddie Schwieters told the news station. “You never really think something will go down that’s this horrific. The whole situation, it kind of happened so fast that you don’t really know what’s going on until someone comes past you and is like, ‘This guy has a knife. Get away.’ ”

At 5.6 million square feet, the Mall of America is the largest shopping mall in the country. It recently celebrated its 25-year anniversary.

The Mall of America issued a statement Sunday confirming the incident.

“This evening during an interrupted theft inside Macy’s Mall of America, two people were stabbed and sustained non-life threatening injuries,” the statement said. “One person is in custody and Bloomington Police is conducting the ongoing investigation. Our thoughts are with the families involved.”

Around this time last year, Minnesotans were rocked when 20-year-old Dahir Adan went on a stabbing rampage at the Crossroads Center in St. Cloud, Minn., about 80 miles from the Mall of America. The St. Cloud attack left 10 people injured; an off-duty police officer shot and killed Adan inside a Macy’s store.

An Islamic State-affiliated news agency claimed Adan was “a soldier of the Islamic State.” Local and federal authorities investigated the St. Cloud attack as “a potential act of terrorism” but have not linked him with any extremist groups, according to Twincities.com.

Bloomington police did not immediately return a call requesting further comment Monday. An investigation is ongoing.

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mahad Abdiaziz Abdirahaman
Uh huh Roll Eyes

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Gecko45 would clamp down this crap in record time.
(if the golf cart is charged up)

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
orareyougladtoseeme
Picture of isthatasiginyourpocket
posted Hide Post
I refuse to go to MOA without a firearm. Seems to be the favorite hangout for the younger "just started turning their life around" crowd.

Posts: 2547 | Location: MN | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
Let's all meet ol' Mahad Abdiaziz Abdirahaman.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2184 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Poor guy. It looks as if he fell down the stairs or bumped into a wall or something.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MG34_Dan:

Looks like he may have fallen, ummm, UP, some stairs. Wink

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:

Looks like that whiney quarterback.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
If they outlawed all knives, this would hot have happened.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:

It's been a few years since I've been to MoA but last time I was there they had "no firearms" signs up. It sure worked... to disarm the law abiding.

Friend of mine is a life long Minnesotan. He said that the Somalians have been causing problems there for the past 20 years. He said some genius decided to give them money, housing and welcome arms to Minneapolis. Said the place has been going to shit since then.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:

Looks like that whiney quarterback.

As my oul' da would say 'He has a face on him that attracts toecaps...'

tac

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
There never seems to be enough stairs to throw troublemakers down. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Why am I not reading that the cops said "The suspect refused to comply when told multiple times to drop the knife and was advancing menacingly...deadly force was used to stop the suspect."

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:

It's been a few years since I've been to MoA but last time I was there they had "no firearms" signs up. It sure worked... to disarm the law abiding.

Friend of mine is a life long Minnesotan. He said that the Somalians have been causing problems there for the past 20 years. He said some genius decided to give them money, housing and welcome arms to Minneapolis. Said the place has been going to shit since then.

One of my pet peeves. We welcome, even encourage, immigrants, so that they may have better lives here than is possible in their homelands (something I agree with). But, rather than upgrade their cultural norms, the fruits of which they are trying to escape, we downgrade our own cultural norms, the things that built America. We are the authors of our own demise.

A related pet peeve. Elitist liberals, who most strongly promote such immigration, usually insulate themselves from the inevitable results of their policies.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:

Funny, but the local paper (link below) does not name the perp.
Actually they did.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Poor guy. It looks as if he fell down the stairs or bumped into a wall or something.

I bet he couldn't see where he was going, wearing that hoodie. Probably stumbled or something.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond: He said some genius decided to give them money, housing and welcome arms to Minneapolis. Said the place has been going to shit since then.

It's not just Minneapolis. They did the same thing in St Cloud. Imagine taking a 96% white community of 60,000 and introducing 6,000 refugees. Needless to say, there have been some problems.

The genius was Lutheran Social Services and Catholic Charities. Both were involved in the Refugee Relocation business. Yes, business. They get paid per head that they "settle". I think they are loosely responsible for the individual for three months and then are out of the picture.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I watched much of "Black Hawk Down" last night, for the first time.
I wish I hadn't; bad dreams all night.

Why would we supposedly sane Westerners import people with this cultural mindset?

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Why would we supposedly sane Westerners import people with this cultural mindset?

Who said liberals were sane?

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
I don’t know. I’m a born, raised, and corn fed, Minnesotan. I’ve seen firsthand what the Somalification of my state has brought us. I also see that a dozen of them have been tried in this state for supporting terrorists ‘over there’. I also see that over the past few years, they have taken up arms (knives) against more traditional Minnesotans. I’ve learned to watch myself around Samolis, ‘cause you just never know. I understand it is much easier to radicalize Somalis, then it is to create a native lone wolf. I only need one reason not to trust them, because ‘Murica!

But then, I’ve also learned a handful of Somali phrases. I’ve eaten Lamb Sambusa with them, with that funny handshake they use around the dinner table. It’s surprising how a kind word in their mother tongue softens up their sometimes harsh exterior. Most of them are quite friendly, if given a chance. What I see, at least on street level, is a troubled people from difficult to impossible circumstances, trying to make their way in a foreign country. This, more often than not, is going to create a sliver of the populace that is going to be imported in a less than sane, state.

Trouble is, the sheer number of them, unfortunately for us, makes assimilation unnecessary, or at least less necessary. They simply revert to creating their own territorial enclaves and only associate with others of their kind. This is not completely their fault. We imported them without having a plan on what to do, once they have arrived. If given the right amount of social engineering, most of them would assimilate over time. Scoutmaster is correct here, we are the authors of our own demise.

Now if you are really concerned for the future of America, we need to do something about them damn Canadians. Dirty bastiges.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post