Tools

Sunglasses Login/Join 
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
Where do you guys buy your sunglasses? Are the best prices online, and if you get them online, how do you try them on to know if they look good on you?

I buy on line.
I like the model and brand so if I lose or break them I replace with the same model if possible.

With my face anything looks good!

With YOUR face, you better seek out professional opinions, there MAY be hope, shop around, lol.

Posts: 4625 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Back in the days when Serengetti's were new to the market i had a pair of Rx ones. It took Corning 3 attempts to get the lenses to properly fit the frames which ultimately prompted them to tell me no more Rx for me in that frame. I really did like them... a lot.

Anyhow over the years I found that my Rx changed frequently enough to give me cause for pause in buying uber expensive Rx sunglasses. Instead I've more recently settled on Revision Sawfly military wrap arounds in large (too many frames are just too small for me) with clear, solar (dark smoke), and vermilion lenses and a Rx insert. The later allows me to inexpensively upgrade my Rx.

I've also grown to eschew polarized jobs too as they make viewing far too many things from ATMs to you name it impossible.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I wore Oakleys exclusively for years, but I haven’t cared much for the direction they’ve gone in styling. I’ve got a pair of Maui Jim’s now and they’re more to my taste. I must admit to being intrigued by Persols, but I never see them in stores. A bit spendy for a shot in the dark.

Posts: 13259 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post