SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Texas Monthly Publishes its 2017 Top 50 Texas BBQ Joint List
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texas Monthly Publishes its 2017 Top 50 Texas BBQ Joint List Login/Join 
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Used to go there often before they moved...havent been over they since the move

quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
I still haven't gotten around to trying Corkscrew, even though they are less than ten minutes away... Frown

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
My old favorite, Coopers Pit in Llano, made the list.

I can't remember the last time Cooper's didn't make the list. Before the ascension of places like Snow's and Franklin BBQ, Cooper's was ***the place*** to go to in TX.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are blessed with many fine bar b q eateries. I'm perplexed that two of my favs didn't make the list: Railhead in Fort Worth and Meet U Anywhere in Grapevine. When they talk about smokey flavor and just right fat - Meet U Anywhere is the best I've ever tasted. Railhead serves up a sliced beef sandwich that is perfection: wonderful black char exterior, red ringed tender meat, melt in your mouth half pound of brisket. Add a cold beer to your order and you are tasting heaven. I love Texas!

Posts: 430 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Corkscrew BBQ is my favorite, along with Coopers. I've heard mixed reviews of Tejas Chocolate. I've heard rave reviews of Killen's.

Posts: 295 | Location: TX | Registered: January 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post