SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My first horrible news thread of 2017
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My first horrible news thread of 2017 Login/Join 
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
I hear there's a lot of Blue Bell sitting in a sub-freezing warehouse somewhere that can be had for a song Wink

I'll take all of it, listeria be damned.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Sounds like there's money to be made in vanilla bean futures.

That money has already been made.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately there is more bad news.... Klondikes are now only 4 oz. Frown

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Costco, Schmostco.

The title of BEST ice cream in the USA is shared equally by two brands in the PACNW - Tillamook and Umpqua.

All else is dross.

tac

Recently had our first dose of Tillamook vanilla as part of a complimentary dessert. My wife, who is extremely picky, thought it fantastic and wants more.
Not sure where we can buy it in San Diego.
Oh...their website says the local Vons has it.
You can see we don't buy a lot of ice cream.

Posts: 18018 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
COSTCO probably does not know better, but this is actually BS...

I might be talking out of school...

The green vanilla bean market is controlled by about 20 buyers, who are currently up to games that bankrupted an old company the last time they were played.

Posts: 5706 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
^ Interesting. I had heard that there was a vanilla bean shortage, and then I saw that the Tahitian beans I bought last year are now about double the cost.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
The green price has gone up 100 fold, except no one is actually buying at those prices.

The costs are absolutely insane. I buy, very, good vanilla products, through a long-standing relationship, and I have about $3/gallon in cost just due to vanilla...

Posts: 5706 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
Tillamook

Everything they make is top class.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
Costco, Schmostco.

The title of BEST ice cream in the USA is shared equally by two brands in the PACNW - Tillamook and Umpqua.

All else is dross.

tac

Without question.

Posts: 3238 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt: tac: AGREE
if you need/want/can schedule time at ARPC range during your visit to yooojean, I'd be happy to invite you as a guest.

That's uncommonly generous of you, given that I might be a half-crazed loon, scared shitless at the very thought of picking up one of those dangerous gun things, let alone shooterating one.

Anyhow, see your email...

Best

tac

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill: Recently had our first dose of Tillamook vanilla as part of a complimentary dessert. My wife, who is extremely picky, thought it fantastic and wants more.
Not sure where we can buy it in San Diego.
Oh...their website says the local Vons has it.
You can see we don't buy a lot of ice cream.

I like your location tag - every word is true, Oregon IS just a hop over the border. Big Grin

tac

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
but Kirkland is made w/o the use of Artificial growth hormones

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post