SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Justice Thomas appearance
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Justice Thomas appearance Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
For those who may wonder about the mysterious Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, he will be giving a very rare appearance on the new Laura Ingraham show tonight, 10 pm Eastern time, on FOX News.

Ingraham clerked for Thomas in the early ‘90’s.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
Uh, the World Series will only be in the 3rd inning at 2200 Jallen!

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2242 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up.

Thomas is one of the few in DC that I would like to meet.

Most I would cross the street in order to avoid.

Posts: 659 | Registered: June 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
I have a DVR, no problem. Besides if the game’s moves as i5 did last night, there’s plenty of time to catch any significant game play.

Go Astros!

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Poacher:

The WS is on FOX Sports, so they will hold the game during the interview, instead of a 7th inning stretch.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Poacher:

I'll DVR the World Series to catch the Honorable Justice. At the pace of these games, I figure I'll be able to fast forward through the 10-12 pitches I record during the interview. We'll be up past 1 AM Eastern anyway.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post

https://youtu.be/Cy9_hyvm7uo

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I get that 75% of Fox News' audience is old people who are hard of hearing, but it's near unwatchable with their constant need to type out almost every single thing people say...

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Just come to Hillsdale College and hang out in the libraries Heritage Room whenever the Board is meeting. The Justice's wife is on the BoD of Hillsdale and it's not uncommon to see him there.

Posts: 11222 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
I watched it live. Justice Thomas was one of the most profound and thoughtful interviews on the Fox weeknight line-up recently. A close runner-up was Gen. Kelly the other night ... on Laura's show as well.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I dvr’d it and watched this morning.

Quite a change from the usual news segments.

It’s hard to realize he has been there more than 25 years, back when Joe Biden had hair.

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Good point he made regarding where we are as a country now.

E pluribus unum is dead. There no longer is a "unum".

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
It’s hard to realize....
What's hard to realize is how a man of this stature and character is not held up as the absolute gold standard of what is possible for the black community, instead of the charlatans and race peddlers the black community embraces today. I found the interview incredibly interesting and was even more enamored of Justice Thomas after it was over.

"Old man can't is dead. I helped buried him." Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
What's hard to realize is how a man of this stature and character is not held up as the absolute gold standard of what is possible for the black community...
I'd toss Ben Carson in there as well.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
What's hard to realize is how a man of this stature and character is not held up as the absolute gold standard of what is possible for the black community...
I'd toss Ben Carson in there as well.

And there are thousands of others of lesser notoriety in all kinds of positions, men and women who are responsible, anxious to improve themselves, trustworthy, competent, hard working, caring for themselves and their families.

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
And of course it is Justice Thomas who is right, not the BLMers or race hustlers. Responsibility, discipline, hard work, valuing education and family, not having kids until you’re married and have a job (if you’re a man)—the “little known secrets” of success in life. Not little known, since most people even Lefties follow it, but little preached. Shame on those who have heaped scorn on this great man.

Posts: 18058 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
And of course it is Justice Thomas who is right, not the BLMers or race hustlers. Responsibility, discipline, hard work, valuing education and family, not having kids until you’re married and have a job (if you’re a man)—the “little known secrets” of success in life. Not little known, since most people even Lefties follow it, but little preached. Shame on those who have heaped scorn on this great man.

This is exactly right. Very well put indeed.