SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    **Auction** One of a Kind Prototype SIG-Sauer pistol
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

**Auction** One of a Kind Prototype SIG-Sauer pistol Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted

For those not aware of it, a prototype SIG-Sauer pistol was revealed in this thread. It is our privilege to host its auction.

Some of you have asked the identity of the SIG employee who willed the pistol to waynewash. His name was Lee Salter, who was a Manager of Technical Services for SIGARMS in the 1980s.
Wayne tells me that Lee was a former US Navy fighter pilot, Air America Pilot, and a gunsmith at Odin Intl./Collectors Armory.

His ID badge and business card will accompany the pistol.

The story is contained in the thread on this pistol, but, briefly, three prototypes were crafted and two were destroyed, leaving this one pistol extant.

As the photos show, the pistol exhibits wear and marks indicative of its toolroom origin. Both the P225 slide and the P226 frame date to 1984.

The auction will run from 7:00 PM EST Wednesday, October 5th, to 7:00 PM EST Sunday, October 9th.

The reserve price for the auction is $4000 (4000 USD). The minimum bid increment is $25. Payment will be certified funds or PayPal.

**Who is eligible to bid?**

To bid on this item, you must have been a member of this forum for at least 120 days and you must have at least 40 posts.

All questions should be posted in this thread.

Shown with a P226 for scale

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Posts: 79768 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Thank you for posting this!!!!!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 34120 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Would be nice to see the barrel by itself. Thanks. Cool

Q

Posts: 13420 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Para, the missing bushing was attached to the grip screw, I am also including a spare bushing. i know a couple of folks asked about this.

Posts: 87 | Location: Maryland | Registered: February 11, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Waynewash, i wish your auction the best. It is out of my price range to say the least. It is however the coolest gun i have seen up here for a while. Certainly the best gun sale on here that i can remember. Thank you for thinking of this group, and choosing to offer it here.

Aaron

Posts: 3274 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
How will the auction end? Will there be a 15-minute rule, or similar (like GunBroker), or will the highest bid time-stamped at/before 7:00 PM EST on October 9th be the winner (like ebay)?

Posts: 1562 | Location: Chester County, PA | Registered: February 12, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Good luck guys. 4K seems like a very very fair reserve.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 2912 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Very cool. Way out of my range, but I am sure this will go to a good home.

It sounds like this is indeed a one of a kind item. A hell of a collectors piece.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 31846 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
One incredible piece of SIG history that I wish I could bid on. Best of luck, sir - she'll find a good home amongst this crowd.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 4960 | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
:Razzaging Rick::

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3719 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Woo Hoo! I'm grabbing two bags of popcorn for this one! Thanks, Para, for coordinating this

Proverbs 21:31

Posts: 381 | Registered: September 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is that a standard 228/229 9mm mag in the first photo?

How many of the original (sloped mag plate) mags are included?

Posts: 6798 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
I missed the original topic for justifiable reasons and just found it last night. (Meaning that I was not financially prepared for this auction.)

How much time is allowed for the highest bidder to deliver funds?

Posts: 764 | Location: TEXAS!, NOT Seattle, Washington | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
That is a very nice piece of Sig-Sauer history.

Posts: 2106 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Out of my money range but what a significant Sig item it is. Love to have it but we need to eat, etc. for the next few months.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 2780 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful and a true collectors item. Good luck with the auction.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 1854 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very interesting gun you have there, waynewash. I wish you the best on the sale and very excited for its new owner!

Posts: 11 | Location: Appalachia | Registered: August 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Para and waynewash for getting this done.

Excellent piece for a collector.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”

Posts: 18514 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear that Lee has passed. I frequented a gunshop he worked at in Sterling, Va. and bought my first SIG there.

Posts: 1442 | Location: Central Va. | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10-7 leo:
I'm sorry to hear that Lee has passed. I frequented a gunshop he worked at in Sterling, Va. and bought my first SIG there.

What shop? The only one I know of I don't like.

Jesse

A couple SIGs and a few others

Posts: 9876 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post