SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Arizona people
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Arizona people Login/Join 
posted
I am heading to Arizona at the end of next week.
Going to stay in Prescott.
If any of you guys live near there and want to have a meal together early in that week. We could meet. Going to a class at Gunsite.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You didn't get penetration
even with the elephant gun.
Picture of cheeze
posted Hide Post
Prescott has an In N Out. FYI

DONT TREAD ON ME

Posts: 2245 | Location: AZ | Registered: January 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Forgive me for not knowing but what is that?

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
a burger joint that is pretty good

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, okay, thanks. Sounds good.
I have never been to Arizona, but have been close enough to walk across the border from Utah.
My son and wife are coming with me, with my son taking the class with me.
My wife shoots and has her own guns, but is not taking a 5 day class.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
...Going to a class at Gunsite.

You'll give a full report on the class, along with pics, I assume? Cool

I've wanted to do a class there ever since Cooper first opened the school, but never made it. Congratulations to you and your son!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9145 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
If you like mead or have any interest in trying mead, Superstition Meadery is a worthwhile stop in Prescott.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mead is that honey drink.

Yes, will give a report.
Not sure about pics. I cannot find my cannon camera. And our internet is so sloooooow that uploading pics is, well sketchy. I am going to try to get a faster internet. About our only other option is..or was Warner cable, which is sold out to something else. Our internet has a .7mbs.
I am not kidding about that, it is no laughing matter and it is about 42$/month with a TV bundle.

I just told my wife we need to buy a new camera.
Gee I used to do some photo work many years ago too.

posted Hide Post
quote:
...Not sure about pics...

No sweat. Just enjoy yourself, both of you, and post about it for those of us who wish we were there, too.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9145 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
Lef T's steakhouse on the edge of town. I believe it's on Saturdays that they have their mesquite smoked prime rib. Worth a visit.

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
I hear there is a traditional town square. With a free bluegrass festival in June.

May make a decent area for a stroll.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mead is that honey drink.

Yup. Starts with water, honey, and yeast. But they add other flavorings that result in amazing, beer-like, adult beverages.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:
...Going to a class at Gunsite.

You'll give a full report on the class, along with pics, I assume? Cool

I've wanted to do a class there ever since Cooper first opened the school, but never made it. Congratulations to you and your son!

Well, you did it. I went out to buy a simple canon camera like my daughter has.

I could not find one just like it, but when I found one about the same, I found it cost almost
$350. So, I found one on sale for $400. Then the guy tells me that for another $100, he could give me the package deal and that would include another lens that retails for $400 by itself, bag and memory card. So, many dollars later, I have a camera that will take until Friday to learn to operate so I can take a pic.
I used to do photography...a long long time ago, but mine did not have 1/4th switches on it and icons. It also did not have a menu.
Oh, well besides packing and getting ready and sleeping what else to do.
So, I will get and share pics.

posted Hide Post
Moved here last year and there are so many good eats we haven't even scratched the surface. Prescott has literally dozens of really good places to eat with out resorting to chains

Posts: 3287 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
you can go to alice cooperstown and put a big unit in your mouth

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, you did it. I went out to buy a simple canon camera like my daughter has...

Sorry 'bout that! Yes, photography is as addictive as shooting, flying, or scuba diving, isn't it?

I was photo editor for my college publication in the distant past, had pics published in The New York Times and a spread in Autoweek. When I got back into it in the early 1980's I bought a Nikon F3, all the lenses I could carry, plus a strobe, filters, etc., then I bought a Nikkormat for backup. It sits on a shelf in the hall closet now, waiting for Ektachrome to start showing up in the local stores.

Whimsy aside, concentrate on shooting practice and set the camera on "Auto" for now. The better you shoot, the more you can learn about tactics and procedures at Gunsite.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

posted Hide Post
Just have a good time and tell us how it was. Most here will never make it to Gunsight but we can live the experience thru you.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I was living around there in 77ish to 81ish, as a matter of fact on a ranch not far from Gunsite, Whiskey Row in Prescott was the dealeeo.
It is probably boutiques and gift shops or sumpin' now, dunno. I certainly hope not.
And yes, In n Out burgers are considerably above the regular chain burger. Yummo!

Posts: 403 | Registered: November 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Papa's is just block or two off the square in downtown Prescott. Really, really, really good Italian food.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
Papa's is just block or two off the square in downtown Prescott. Really, really, really good Italian food.

That sounds like a must as well as some of the others.
My son has heard of the N and out or whatever it is called.

This last week has been really mad trying to get everything ready for the trip.

Found out everything is not going to fit in the Explorer. Thought about taking my F250 but discovered my tire has a slice in it. Then today discovered that the air conditioner in it needs recharged.

So, I pulled my car top carrier out and to pop on. That should do it.

Tried to mow today and mowed for about 15 mins. I heard a weird noise, like I was running over something. Both belts on my zero turn broke and wrapped around the pulleys so bad, I could not get them completely off. They also broke an electrical wire that I think goes to the drive clutch?

I have a Bad Boy with a 28hp Cat diesel in it.
I could not move after that, drive belt and mower belt broke. I had to go buy a come along.
Then it was not easy. That was not the only screw up today either.

I have to take it in to the dealership, cause I do not want to take the thing apart to get the shredded belt out and replace the two broken electrical wires, do not have time.

If it would have done it last week....The belt was not cracked at all.
The dealer is about 30 miles away. He said he would come get it for $50/hr and 1.50/mile.